It was a super speedy trip because of the unexpected long line, a long diper changing line, and things always just take longer with a baby. But Corbin loved it! He especially liked the tanks where he could stand at the glass and watch the big fish! He also liked the river otters that played and spashed about!
We then headed back to Kevin and Meghan's for a nap and some food. Then it was time for Corbin's first Sounders FC game. As you know, Adam is a little Sounders crazy. At first I was giving him a hard time. He spends countless hours on the internet reading all about them, reading blogs, message boards, etc. He knows the players, where they came from, who they played for, what songs have been written about them. It's an obsession. I thought his obsession with the Mariners was bad. I was wrong. He spent money on tickets when I thought we didn't have any money. But now I understand (a little). These games are awesome! There are a few things I like about it more than the Mariners or other sporting events. One, they are more enthusiasic fans. Everyone is into the game. Everyone is on their feet. We know how long it will last, unlike a baseball game that could go on for HOURS. There is constant action. Adam is not keeping score (in his book) but instead just super excited. The atmosphere is just so much better! So now I am a little more understanding with his Sounders craze. I even like the songs... Soundes till I die! And so is Corbin!
8 comments:
Your post makes me happy.
Hooray for catching the Sounders fever! We're Sounders 'til we die!
It's rough not having tickets for another game until the end of April. So crazy, so fun!! Although it will help me to watch a few games on TV and learn who's who among the players a little better. I'm not as good as Adam at picking them out on the field.
The aquarium was fun, too. I loved how in-awe Corbin was. Plus, I got to see a box fish, which I do believe are my favorite of the standard aquarium fishes.
You guys are scaring me with this Sounders fascination. If I say I like the opposite team, would I stop being your friend? ;) Hehehe.
Don't be scared! Join in!
I think it is important that you support the Whitecaps, Helen, if you're going to be in BC. They are a classy team with a lot of history, and deserve your support (if you want to have a soccer team to call your own). I will probably root for them often, when they're not playing the Sounders.
We will still be your friends.
However, I will have to taunt you if the Sounders win. And hopefully you will taunt us if they lose. That's part of the fun!
I didn't even know there was a Whitecaps team. LOL But now that I do, I'll keep an eye out! We're bad sports teamsters. Dave doesn't even follow hockey and he's all Canadian! All I know is that we're supposed to like the Canucks, and that's about it.
If I had to choose a sport to follow, though, I would totally choose soccer!
I'm a huge tennis follower though. When that's in season again, we'll talk shit to each other!!
Sounds like a great time! Maybe when I visit you can introduce me to Sounders fever???
When Lil was about Corbin's age we went into a pet shop and she stood against one glass cage at her level with a puppy in it squealing she was so excited. I can only imagine an aquarium! Must have been fun (the aquarium, not the long lines and extra time it takes to do EVERYTHING).
YES come visit, Kelcey! We would LOVE to introduce you to the Sounders Fever! And many other NW adventures! Only a month and a half till we visit you :-)
I just came back to visit We Like Gryffin because I miss you all, and I just wanted to say that I think Corbin has the cutest teeth of anyone I know.
Post a Comment