I keep saying when he reaches a certain month how much fun he is and how this is my favorite age. I really do think he is pretty fun right now, the most fun for sure! He is more predictable, which is nice. He eats breakfast, lunch and dinner and nurses 4 times a day (most days). He is eating all kinds of yummy things. Last week we introduced Cherrios (organic) and yesterday he tried sardines. He loved them! He seems to prefer the beans and cheese and fruit to other things like broccoli and other veggies. He feeds himself most things now. He will pick through what is on his tray to get what he wants. Eventually he will eat everything but he goes for his favorites first. We also have to watch that he doesn't just shovel the food in without chewing. He will get a mouthful and keep putting more in.
He takes 2 naps, most of the time they are an hour or more. Although he does seem to talk to himself and play in his crib for up to a half hour or more sometimes before falling asleep! If I miss the sleep window he will often take up to an hour to fall asleep, not crying but just hanging out. I have been trying to put him down at certain times but sometimes he doesn't seem sleepy. So we are trying to figure out the whole timing of naps. He is sleeping completely through the night! Almost 12 hours a night! Yahoo!! About a month ago I dropped the middle of the night feeding. All it took was one night! He didn't even cry for 5 minutes the first night and minus a couple of nights here and there, he has slept through with no problem!
When he is awake he is one busy guy! He is crawling all over the house. He follows me around or goes off on his own. His favorite room to go to is the weird entry/stairway room. He goes to the sliding glass door and stands at it looking outside. I even put up a baby gate on day to try to keep him in the living room and he figured out how to go around through the hallway to get to the window! He can now go from crawling to sitting up. So now sometimes he will be crawling furiously towards something, then stop, sit up, look around then continue on. It's so cute. Then he will get somewhere, pull himself up. Look around, maybe move along the thing, get down, and do it all over again. He likes to pull things out of his toy box. And one of his newest things is to take something like a block or book, or toy, and try to crawl around with it. It helps if it slides but sometimes it doesn't and he has this funny limp crawl while trying to drag it along! Ha! As you saw in the video he likes his new walker wagon. He is getting frustrated when he pushes it and it gets stuck somewhere. I wonder when we will have real walker on our hands. I walked at 9 months!
Changing his diaper has become a wresting match. Which I admit, is not fun. We are now compeletly washing our own cloth diapers. No more diaper service. I need to get my washing schedule down but so far so good. We LOVE our cloth diapers!
As usaul, he loves to be outside. He hardly falls asleep anymore when we are on walks. He just watches everything and talks and talks. It's so fun! He loves to go to the grocery store and sit in the cart. He smiles and flirts with all the ladies who smile at him. He still has his 4 teeth. I keep thinking any day he will sprout another one. But nope. He is also waving, not at everyone but sometimes the dog, the cat, me, Adam, the trees, it's cute.
We have his 9 month doctor appointment tomorrow so we will see how much he weighs and his height. And get some shots and blood drawn. I am not looking forward to that part. Then we head to Seattle for the opening game of the Sounders. Adam is a little Sounders crazy. Corbin is going to hang out with Grandpa Mark at Kevin and Meghan's but soon he will go to his first game too!
2 comments:
I can't wait to see him, he always learns so many new things between our visits.
Happy monthday, yesterday, Corbchops.
See you guys tomorrow!
What an awesome update!!!
He is the cutest. I love his four teeth... Wish I were there in person to get waved at.
Post a Comment