Corbin is liking his new high chair from his great grandparents. And now he is ready for some food. Or so he thinks! He watches us eat. Moving the food from the plate to our mouth. When you put something in front of him, he opens his mouth. He tries to grab at our food, he can sit up on his own with help, and he loves to put spoons (and most other things) in his mouth. He is saying "I'm ready mom, where's the food"? They say somewhere between 4-6 months for introducing solids. He is getting close. We are thinking maybe Thanksgiving. He will be almost 5 1/2 months old. Until then, he just gets empty spoons and good old breast milk!
Friday, November 07, 2008
Where's the Grub?
Corbin is liking his new high chair from his great grandparents. And now he is ready for some food. Or so he thinks! He watches us eat. Moving the food from the plate to our mouth. When you put something in front of him, he opens his mouth. He tries to grab at our food, he can sit up on his own with help, and he loves to put spoons (and most other things) in his mouth. He is saying "I'm ready mom, where's the food"? They say somewhere between 4-6 months for introducing solids. He is getting close. We are thinking maybe Thanksgiving. He will be almost 5 1/2 months old. Until then, he just gets empty spoons and good old breast milk!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I well remember those days of a pair of fascinating eyes watching our every move at the dinner table. Because Clara was a preemie, she had an elevated risk of food allergies (even though she never had any) and so we had to wait until she was 8 months (or 6 months, adjusted age) which was pretty much torture for her. But when we finally started giving her food, she wanted nothing to do with baby food! She wanted what we were eating, and so that's what we gave her--"safe" fruits and veggies in tiny bits that she could pick up herself. That ended up being a great system for her, and it saved me from having to buy or make baby food!
I found the weirdest thing to be how much other people seemed to want me to feed her something other than breastmilk. It was almost as though it was offensive to them that she wasn't eating "solids" yet. It was one of those parenting subjects that everyone else seemed very eager to weigh in on...
Good luck navigating it all!
Oh Corbin you are in for a world of great tastes! but enjoy that booby now, b/c that won't last forever!
I like the pic of the spoon on the nose- good one.
Yeah, the spoon man!! Corbin is sooo cute!!
Hahha, "spoon man".. LOL I love that. That is so cute, that he's watching you. Lily is starting to do the same, though probably not as much as Corbin is. She's JUST recognizing that we eat other stuff and not breast milk, like her. lol We've begun signing to her too, and I think she's starting to get the signs for "hungry" and "milk." She watches when her daddy puts stuff in his mouth, and she wants to put EVERYTHING in her mouth. It's so cute.
Are you going to puree your own food? I'm looking into it now too. That will be exciting! I can't wait to introduce her to foods even I don't eat. I don't want her to have the same "food fears" that I have that my mom introduced me to. I want her to be able to eat everything and anything.
They grow up so fast. :)
Post a Comment