Saturday, November 29, 2008

More Thanks

We have been hanging out eating left-overs, seeing movies, eating more left overs, playing games, wreath making, and finally going for a walk since Thursday. Here are a few more pictures from the weekend and our big early Christmas surprise.

Susan has taken me to make wreaths after Thanksgiving for at least the last 5 years, maybe more. Meghan joined us for her second time this time too. I am sure she will have some great pictures on her blog because she brought her camera with us. So check in with her in a while.

Meghan and Corbin sported their vintage shirts. You can't really tell but Corbin's is a Superman shirt. It was Adam's so it really is vintage! He is pretty stylish!

Then the big surprise of the weekend occurred last night. Everyone tried to get Adam and I to go down and play ping pong in the workshop. Adam of course wanted to go, but I wasn't really interested. They tried to figure out how to get me to go down but I didn't comply. So when Adam came back up he and Kevin bought up our early Christmas present from my parents, Adam's parents, and my grandpa Red and Grandpa Dan and Marge. It was the Chariot Stroller that we have been wanting and had thought we had bought through my dad's work! I was so surprised! I had thought that we had ordered but my dad was being so elusive about what he had ordered and when it would be here, or how much it cost! Now I know why! We are super excited about it because it is a stroller, a bike trailer, and a x-country ski trailer! So now I can use it around our house on the trails and in Bend for Christmas! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

So we had to go and try it out today. It's big. Our car is small. We will have to do some finagling to figure out the best way to transport it.

Corbin got all snug inside. Brindzi by his side. And we walked. It was so smooth compared to our other non trail stroller. And then Corbin fell asleep.


We also got in a movie this weekend. Grandpa stayed home with Corbin while we all went out and saw "Bolt". Corbin took the bottle and took a nap without having to be nursed to sleep! Yahoo!

He also had some avocado and breast milk this morning. Yum!

He is also now sitting up completely on his own. He gets a little tippy to the side but can mostly stay up the whole time! Big stuff!

5 comments:

Jill said...

hooray for chariots!!! that think looks AWESOME!!

Jill said...

oops - i meant that THING looks awesome! :)

babyjenks said...

that is the most hard core stroller i have ever seen! happy thanksgiving ( a few days late, i know). love to you all!

Sweet Mess said...

Serious chariot!!!

Looks like you are all in for some good times. I like it.

bbqdaisy said...

Corbin looks SOOO big in his daddy's t-shirt ... he is TOTALLY ADORABLE!!!!!!!! How AWESOME that you are having such a WONDERFUL time being a full-time stay at home mom!!!! YIPPPE!!! I'm loving it too :)
I love the food pictures on your blog, they inspire me to bake and cook more!!!!!!!
Blessings and belated HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!
Maria