Summer vacation has begun for me! Yahoo! Yet, this year it brings a whole new meaning. It's not just summer vacation. It's the end of one thing and the beginning of another. Yesterday was my last day of work, until the other work begins. The work of being a parent. It brings very mixed feelings for me. I love my job of being a middle school counselor. I love working around kids; good kids, bad kids, mixed up kids, kids who need love, all kinds of kids. I also love being part of a working team of teachers. I am going to really miss work in some ways. I used to say that I couldn't ever be a stay at home mom. What would I do all day? Who would I talk to? And now, I can't wait! I know my "real" work hasn't even begun, Dweezy is still in the womb, but my outside the home work is done until August 2009! I get to be full time mom for a whole year and 5 months, not a full time counselor. Because this is such new ground for me, I know I could change my mind about what I think about staying home. But one thing is for sure. I know I am really luck and blessed to be able to do so. I am really thankful that Adam and I can make this choice. Even if I decide staying home is not for me, I know I will never get this year back of being at home with my brand new baby. We are also so lucky that Adam has the summer off too, so the bonding between all 3 of us can happen for a good chunk of time. I know it would happen regardless of the amount of time we have off, but it will be somehow different.
So that is my rambling on this new adventure that begins today. Not just summer vacation but a new job. A new adventure.
Ok, now it's time for my pampering. A pedicure at the Chysalis Spa! Yahoo!
1 comment:
yaaaayyyyy!!! it's so nice to hear your musings on motherhood. i can't even begin to imagine what a fantastic and overwhelming transition this will be, welcoming _______ (can we hear some name options?!) into the world.
Post a Comment