Friday, June 27, 2008

Pals, hammocks, strollers, and the doctor(!)

Went to the doctor today. Full success. Corbin is already above his birth weight (8 lbs 4 oz!) and he is a model of newborn awesomeness. By the way, "awesomeness" is the word of the post. Look for it.

First time in the stroller, for a walk around the block. He fussed and cried and wailed and then we hit the pavement and the wheels vibrated on the asphalt and there was instant silence. Whoa. Anyway. A very successful walk around the block, seeing as we made it all the way around, and Erin negotiated a steepish downhill quite well, and the Brindzi didn't notice the deer just hanging out in a neighbor's yard.

Erin and Corbin, Becky and Brody

Last night we went to Becky and Kevin's for a BBQ/Kidstravaganza. There was Corbin at 9 days, some other kids at 3-4 years, and everything in between. So lots of kids. I carried Corb around in the Beco for a while, till he got hungry. It worked pretty well. I did that some more this afternoon, except instead of standing around talking and eating we attacked and destroyed several hundred linear inches of morning glory. Hurrah.

As the BBQ wound down, Corbin got up close and personal with some new friends, Brody and Bjorn. Lots of boys around here.

By the way, Skype video calls are pretty much awesome. Here we're talking to Grandma and Uncle NZA. Actually, Corbin is asleep here. But you get the idea. We talked to Grammy Dani the other day. She doesn't have video on her end, but we do, so she could see us but we couldn't see her. Still worked OK. Especially for her, I guess. Anyway, if anyone wants a little video screen time with Corbin, sign up for Skype and then give us a call.

Hammock + Baby = Awesomeness

Baby = Awesomeness

It's been warm the last few days, so we've been outside a bit, which is nice. It's supposed to get danger-hot (that's what the weather service says) this weekend. We'll stick to the shade. As I said before, Corby and I annihilated some morning glory before retreating to the hammock for a snooze. Good to get the kid out working. The sooner he can start picking up rocks the better. Did I say rocks? I meant alien eggs that we must transport to the holding cell before they hatch!

Oh, and

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

well done. good growers- strawberries and baby. cannot wait to meet the little one!

Anonymous said...

I love that first picture of him in the stroller. He looks so teeny tiny! I love all these pictures you two are posting. They're adorable. :) Thank goodness you had Corbin before this heat stuff came. I'm feeling miserable with this hot summer heat (not complaining though -- it was about darn time we get some nice, steady sun). When you get a chance, tell me how labor went for you. I'm dying to know!

babyjenks said...

get the kid weeding at an early age, good job erni! did you get my package yet? let me know when you do. i'll try to call sometime this week, we're moving (yay!) so things are a bit crazy. love to you all!

Erin said...

Yeah, I am super glad I am not pregnant in this heat! Although nursing in the heat isn't too fun either. Oh well.

Helen, I would love to tell you how labor went. I will send you an email.

Sabe, yes we got your package! Corbin loves the dragon! It's awesome! Thanks!