Thursday, June 19, 2008

Day 3

Day 3 is almost over. Can you believe it? Wow. I have "I am in love brain" right now, so I can't write too much. Being tired might also have something to do with it. All I know is that I am so in love with this little person that Adam and I created. I am so in love with Adam. I am so in love with Corbin Dean. Yep, we finally figured out a middle name. Corbin Dean Shaffer. Dean is a combination of Adam's maternal grandfather Markley Dee Lowmilller and my paternal grandfather, L. Daniel Bulkley. Ha. Dean.

Thanks for all your words of love, beauty, health, goodwill, and friendship that you have been sending our way these last few days. We feel pretty blessed to have such wonderful friends and family to help us welcome Corbin into this world.





Update 6/20/08 10:34 am: So when I said "Day 3 is almost over," I was a little off because Night 3 was really long. Corbin just wouldn't go to sleep, and he wanted to eat every hour from 1 am to 5 am. Adam and I each took a turn just sitting with him so he would stay quiet while the other slept. I think Adam got to sleep longer though. Hey wait, this is exactly how people said it would be!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep these wonderful pictures coming! You guys look so great!

Sweet Mess said...

Ahhhhh...those sleepless nights...
Some people say you will look back on this with nostalgia. (when will you look back with nostalgia? I don't know.)
luckily, he looks cute enough to be awake for.

babyjenks said...

he does look adorable. i thought it would take him a little longer to start keeping you up for the night. is he smiling yet?

love to you all. where did you get corbin from?

i'll call soon, sorry i missed you this weekend!