Monday, June 02, 2008

Popped!

As requested here are some pictures of my popped belly button.





37 weeks. We are a little slow at getting out the belly shots. We have reached the magic number of 37 weeks. Dweezy can now be born at the Birth Center and could come any day, week, or even in a month. I am hoping for a few more weeks. Early wouldn't be bad but I would like a few days without having to work.

Ta-Da!

I might look like I am excited to be getting this picture taking but what is really going on is that I am tired, my hips hurt, my pubic bone hurts, my joints are stiff, and I am really getting ready to be done. I don't seem to be taking it too easy either. I thought that by staying home this weekend and not having guests it would be more relaxing. Oh no. Adam and I tried to go out on a "date" night for dinner and a movie on Friday night. The dinner and gelato were great but then it came time to go to the movie. Even though I had a nap, once we got to the theater I was tired, my feet were swelling, I was uncomfortable, and just wanted to be lying in my bed. So we got our money back. So much for going to a movie before the baby comes.

That is just the way I have been feeling lately. Tired. Uncomfortable. And ready. We are almost completely done with the baby room. As soon as we move the dresser/changing table up into the room and get the clothes put away I will post a new picture. It's looking really good. We almost have everything we need and more! Thanks to all our awesome friends and co-workers who have hosted baby showers. I feel really blessed for what everyone has done for us!

On another note. We got some new chicks the other weekend. Two Barred Rock, one black Sexlink, and a Rhode Island Red. They need some names, so if you have any names, we would gladly take suggestions. Our last theme of naming chicks was obscure women from history or today. So feel free to send us some suggestions. We are somewhat named out...baby names are taking too much of our name power.

Ok. We will keep you posted. Soon we will have pictures of the hoop house, for our tomatoes and peppers, that Adam built this weekend. Only 8 more days of school...less if I take some sick days...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My belly button popped about two or three weeks ago. Boy was I surprised! You look SO CUTE in these pictures! I have to take more full body shots too. You're officially full term now! Woohoo!!

I hear ya on the aches. My hips are starting to stretch and they're really sore. My feet and legs are constantly achy, too, and I'm not even 35 weeks yet!

Kat said...

do buttons always pop like that when you're preggie? is it like the oven timer going off? pOp! ok..s/he's ready!?
you look mahvelous, dahling, and I'll begin sending some gentle come-on-welcome-to-this-big-wonderful-world vibes to encourage dweezie to start thinking about gittin' a move on....
love you
as for chx. have you had a Hattie?
American politician who became the first woman elected to the U.S. Senate......
kat

Erin said...

No not all belly buttons pop, but I think a lot do. Thanks for sending gentle thoughts and not painful rushing thoughts my way :-)

And I love Hattie. That is perfect!

Sweet Mess said...

You look SO beautiful!!!

It is funny how fast you forget all those aches and pains and when you see someone pregant just think~ "BEAUTIFUL!"
The fact that you feel just about pushed to your limit is right on target. It is all good prep, and as everyone says you won't be pregnant forever...

mypigsfly said...

LOVE these photos!! great to see them! Great to see you glowing! I second Kat's notion - i'll start sending welcome vibes to Dweezy...i hope this name doesn't stick! :c) Love you both/all! julie

Anonymous said...

Go Dweezy, go!

I mean...

Come Dweezy, come!