Corbin has been pretty funny lately when he is not driving me crazy. Deep breaths, Erin. Deep breaths. Tonight I messed up and did not read the directions for dinner well. Instead of 30 minutes it was 2 hours and 30 minutes. I realized this when it was 5:45 and I was done with the 30 minute part and the soup still needed to simmer for 2 hours! Ha. So to Boomers we went. Nothing like some good old greasy hamburgers for dinner when dinner goes wrong, right!
Corbin wanted to sit by the fireplace in Boomers (they have a big round gas fire place in the middle of the restaurant). There was an older lady sitting next to him. He of course started talking to her. At one point, he leaned over and said. "I like your shoes." He then proceeded to get down on the floor to examine them more closely :-)
The other day, I was putting on my old, ugly, red long underwear and he came up and said, "mommy, I like your pants!" Ha. He is really into complimenting people lately!
We were in Fred Myer yesterday and we got some new Toy Story band aides. Every person that went by and I mean every person, he said "I have Toy Story band aides. There is Buzz and Woody on them. I have an owie on my foot and I need a band aide!" It was too cute! People were quite humored by him.
He has also been using "please and thank you" a lot lately (when he is not whining or throwing a fit). And VERY. Mommy, I am VERY hungry right now. I am VERY happy. Ellie is VERY happy now too. It's too cute! He has also been using happy and sad and more feeling words to describe how people might be feeling. Today Ellie's lovey was out of her crib and he went to put it back for me. He said "Ellie's lamb was sad because her lovey was not in the crib. But the lamb is very happy now that the lovey is back"!
Here are some pictures of the "new" play room (the old office).
PS. Thanks for your nice encouragement from my last post. I have already met my 1st goal and lost 8 pounds! Now onto the next one!
3 comments:
The play room looks great. I want the toys out of my living room too! I feel like am constantly picking them up, sorting them into the correct room/bin. It drives me crazy. Maybe yours will inspire me to redo our basement into a more kiddo-centered area.
nice playroom! it looks so inviting to go in there and mess it up- er, play!
Corbin has been complimenting me alot lately as well, "missa, i like your scarf, i like your shoes!" It makes me feel great about myself!!
Post a Comment