Thursday, January 20, 2011

6 months

Little Eliza Jolie is half a year! Wow, where did that time go? And what a little cherub she is! We had her 6 month appointment last week. She is 16 lbs 5 oz. (60%ile) and 26 inches (50%ile). A little heavier and shorter than Corbin was at that age. My little rolley polley girl :-)

Here are a few other things happening in her world.
  • She is on the move! She does a version of what I call the army flop. Not quiet the army crawl and not quiet a full crawl. More like a get up on the knees, lean forward, and then flop down a few inches more. She can get across the rug in no time! Of course her favorite things to go for are Corbin's toys, shinny things like cameras or phones, or small objects she should not have!
  • She does planks, down dog, warrior 2, and lots of other yogi moves.
  • She can sit up all by herself.
  • She is eating lots of solid food. She is eating lunch and dinner with us. So far her diet has been; sweet potato, rice cereal, avocado, pears, apples sauce, prunes, butternut squash, peas, carrots, and today mango (by far the favorite!) She ate so much at my parents house this last weekend that she got quite plugged up which resulted in a sleepless night and lots of grunting tears, poor baby!
  • She loves her brother, no one can make her laugh like Corbin.
  • Sleep... hmm... she is not as good as Corbin. We had to do some major re-training after all our sicknesses. She was hard to re-train. Lots of crying and tears.
  • She is waking up 1-2 times a night. She usually has a wake up and feeding around 1-2am and then sometimes wants to wake up again for another feeding at 5 or 5:30 am. I am trying to stop that feeding because it's so close to wake up time. But it's hard to let her cry then because that is close to when Adam is getting up and Corbin is in a lighter sleep and is more prone to wake up them. She is in our bed WAY more than Corbin ever was.
  • Naps, she is all over the place. She still wants to get 3 naps in some days. Corbin was a 2 solid nap boy by 4 months. This girl is all over the place. Sometimes they are 40 minutes, then other times 2.5 hours but you never know. It seems that every time I am home and don't need to go anywhere she naps short. When I have plans to go, I have to wake her up. Silly girl!
  • She is so smiley.
  • No teeth yet. Corbin already had 2 or 3 at this point.
  • In the evenings, she is a mama's girl or wants to be held. She will be super fussy if left on her own but as soon as you pick her up, she is fine.
  • Her eyes are going to be lighter than Corbin's. My guess in either a grey blue or hazel. It's really hard to tell now but they are not going to be light brown like his.


Here I come...








I have lots of video that I am still trying to play with. I love the Flip video player we got but it has so many things for me to do besides just post the video. I am working on her progression of the crawl but haven't gotten it yet. I am way behind on our blogs as you can tell... soon.

No comments: