Saturday, May 02, 2009

Tulips

We are lucky to live near one of the most beautiful festivals, the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival. Just a half hour down the freeway we can view this!
It's pretty amazing! So this past Friday we decided to take a mom and baby trip down to see them. The mom's plan. Get cute pictures of the babies in the flowers. The babies plan, who knows. We went down with our friends Daylen & Luca and Aimee & Alden. Corbin's best bud, Brody was sick, so they couldn't come. We missed them though! Maybe we can photo shop them in :-)

We left at nap time, thinking that they could sleep in the car on the way down. Corbin and Alden decided to play and talk the whole time instead of nap. Alden is 3 days younger than Corbin and his mom is a school counselor too. They were pretty cute. I am going to try to upload a cute video that Aimee took of the day. Alden ended up falling asleep 5 minutes before we got there, Corbin was trying but just didn't quite get there. So after about an hour of getting all the babies fed, changed, awake, sunscreen, etc. we finally got into the fields. We could not have asked for a better day. About 70 degrees with a light breeze! Awesome! The tulips were at their peak!

Corbin fell asleep after we got some pictures, which I was glad to have him get a least a little shut eye, but it made it so I didn't get as many pictures as I wanted. Like I said, my plan and his plan are often different :-) We also decided that we need another person along who doesn't have a baby, water bottle, blanket, pack, and more to take the pictures for us! Ha!

And of course, I am so bad at picking the perfect picture to put on, so you get to see a whole bunch of them.

Mt. Baker in the background!



The Olympic Mts. in the other direction!



Amazingly enough we only had one tulip destruction. And no dirt eaten. Although I can't say the same thing for Alden :-)







My sleepy little guy.

The awesome mama's and babes; me, Aimee & Alden and Daylen & Luca.





It was a pretty great day! We did miss Becky and Brody though. We got some good lunch, did some high chair improvisation with strollers. And of course no sleep on the way home either, which was ok, because transferring the baby and car seat and hoping for more sleep would have been almost impossible. The sun is on it's way out this next week to give us some rain for our garden. We worked hard in the garden today. We got 5 yards of dirt delivered on Thursday and now we will be shoveling it to it's various home for the next couple of weeks. Hopefully we can plant some starts in the ground tomorrow before it rains too hard.

Oh and Corbin has a 5th tooth. Top right eye tooth. And he is working on a molar. Ouch!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What an incredible sight! It reminds me of once when I was taking a night train from Romania to Hungary, and I woke up to the sun rising over a field of sunflowers as far as my eyes could see... I love the series of the two of you--it looks like he passed out instantly, though I'm sure it was over a period of time. :) And the baby-carrier shots are incredible! You guys should be in an Ergo ad!

Helen said...

WOw, I love the tulips! And of course, the babies! Corbin's getting so big. I love that picture where he's pointing to the camera. Hehe. It's so cool how you smile at the camera and hope that he does too, and meanwhile, he's doing his own thing. LOL

Wow, 5 teeth already. Lily's still working on her first one! Haha!

Sweet Mess said...

What amazing photos~ tulips forever!

I am so happy you have good friends who wear their babies, and like to look at flowers, and spend quality time with you and Corbin. That makes me happy. :)

Liliana said...

Wow, these are great photos Erin! Looks like fun.