I'd have video for you, too, if Erin hadn't taken the camera to record for posterity her "Girls Night."
I turned around while fixing Corbin's dinner to see him walking across the kitchen floor. I counted six steps that time, but he might have had a few before I turned around. I cheered and clapped and he got excited and crawled really fast and poked himself with the canning magnet stick he had in his mouth.
Also: 8:05 pm and still babbling.
As Erin has mentioned, he's been taking a step or two, and then realizes he's an expert crawler and dispenses with this stumbling, step-by-step nonsense and hits the floor with all four.
But tonight.
After we ate I tried to see if I could get him to walk a bit more. He managed several four or five step wobblies, and it was very, very clear that he had shifted his ideas about what might be the most efficient or interesting mode of travel. These were clearly intentional, focused, brain driven steps, his whole body moving and adjusting and trying to find the best way to balance and move at the same time.
Super exciting.
6 comments:
YES CORBIN!!! Go Go Go!
(your life as you know it will be changed. FOREVER!)
WOOOOHOOOO! So exciting! Can't wait to see him in action!
Way to go, Corbchops!
Yay! Go Corbin go!!
Psst, Corbin. Go grab the cookies on the counter before your parents catch on!
holy diapers is he getting big! Congratulations Corbin! The world is yours.
Post a Comment