Thursday, May 28, 2009

11 months

Corbin turned 11 months while we were in North Carolina. Crazy. In less than a month he will be one!!!! He took his first steps on the 17th. I wonder if he will walk before he turns one?

Here are a few updates of what he is doing currently.

He free stands without holding onto anything for long periods of time. He can bend down and pick things up and then go back to standing. Last weekend he stood up on his own without using anything. He waves and claps while standing and plays with toys. He loves to walk holding our one hand. He just walks all around. He will take a few steps and then bend down and crawl though because it's faster, if we let go. I can't get a video yet because sometimes he will do it on command and others when you aren't expecting it.

He is signing more words. He now has "more" down. He uses if for more everything. Or "I want" since sometimes he hasn't even had it yet. I am trying to get him to point to what he wants or show me. He will sign more and I say "more what?" and he points. The other day he saw a jar of dill beans and signed "more" and pointed. I had no idea what he would think of them but he gobbled them up! He has also been saying more for nurse and then pulling on my shirt. So even though I have been using the nurse sign for a long time, now I am waiting till he uses it before he can nurse. I don't like him just pulling on my shirt. And trying to only let him nurse when it's time to nurse instead of just snack all day. He never used to snack but now that he knows more, I think he realizes he can get his point across. I need to now work on "eat" so he can use that along with more. Because sometimes he just wants to see something when he signs more, not eat it. He also signs "all done" and "dog" and is always waving at all kinds of things. We used "airplane" a lot while traveling, so now he will see something in the sky and point or kind of do "airplane". I will try to get a video soon.

He shakes his head all the time now. He knows when I either say "no" or "careful" or "Corbin" in the tone of voice that is a warning, he will look at me and shake his head like he knows he is not supposed to do it. It's pretty cute. Sometimes he stops and sometimes he needs to be redirected.

We think he has learned how to "woof" like a dog. We ask him what a dog says and he says "huuh" and sticks out his tongue. It's pretty cute! He can also point to a dog in a book when we ask where the dog is. Sometimes horses are also dogs though :-)

We read before he takes a nap and bed and have allowed him to pick the books. The other day he went over to his books and picked on up and brought it to me and put it on my lap. It was his dog counting book. He turns the pages for every book. Most of the time he turns the pages too fast to even read it, so we just look at the pictures. Fast. And then read it again.

He takes two naps a day and sleeps for 11-12 hours straight through at night. I am lucky to have a pretty good sleeper. He slept great while traveling too. Blue softy is essential for sleep though.

He has 8 teeth. The four main top teeth. Two middle bottom teeth and a tooth next to the bottom ones and then a molar on the same side. So his bottom is a little lopsided! His other molars are bulging and I think bothering him a lot. He will often hold his hand to his ear/cheek and cry. I know it's not an ear infection so I think his teeth hurt. He will also bang his head on the ground sometimes. I am not sure what to do about that.

He loves balls, cars, and phones right now for toys. He will pick up the phone and put it next to his ear and then give it to you. It's pretty cute too. We got him his own play phone that makes beeping noises so he isn't using ours. He has always pushed toys around on the floor while crawling and then one day he picked up a car and pushed it and started saying "vroom" or a version of that. It was amazing. I don't ever remember doing that with him, but he must have picked it up somewhere. Now when he sees a car, he does that. I am so curious to see how gender plays a role in his play. It's fascinating to me.

He climbs the stairs. Plays in the grass. Likes the sand and dirt now. Loves to swing. Mostly wears his hat without taking it off. Likes to go on walks. Likes baths but not getting water dumped on his head. Likes to take things out of things and then put them back. Likes to try to figure out how things work and look under things. LOVES strawberries and blueberries.

I think that about sums it up. Wow. Every day is something new. It's pretty cool to see him learn.

2 comments:

Kevin said...

Sounds like one smart little dude!

Lindsey said...

Erin! Great post! It's so fun to read everything Corbin is doing - Camden is about 1.5 months younger, so it's cool to see what to expect in the future! Corbin was WAY ahead on sleeping, teething (Camden only has his bottom two middle teeth right now) and signing/talking. I'm so impressed with everything Corbin can do! The picture you posted made me laugh because Camden has been playing with the exact same blue dryer ball that Corbin is holding. He LOVES it and carries it all around the house with him. Pretty cute! Hopefully these two little boys will meet someday! :)