So anyways, where was I going with this... oh right his silly sleeping. So last night I thought I would have him go to sleep in his crib and then when he woke up in the middle of the night for his feeding, I would bring him into our room and the co-sleeper (thanks Becky for the idea). This was to accomplish a few things. One, he has fallen asleep at other peoples houses and made the transition fine. It would allow us to have our bedroom back at night, we could put away our clothes, read, talk, etc. But I still don't have a very good nursing chair in his room, so I don't want to feed him in there. I like feeding him in my bed and then just putting him down next to me. And I am lazy, like I said before. And I thought this might be a good transition to sleeping in his crib all night. So I thought I could just bring him into bed when he woke up. So we went along with our normal routine, fussy, get into jammies, play lullaby on the cd player, read a book or two, swaddle, put on sound machine, nurse while Adam reads aloud, then into bed. Sometimes once we get to the nursing stage, its only a matter of minutes before he is drowsy and I can just set him down and he is asleep. Before went through the routine, we set up the room with our video monitor. What a vidoe monitor you might be saying... Well our relator, Sean, gave us a video monitor for a gift. At first I didn't think it was nessisarry, I still am not sure, but I thought it might be nice to have two monitors, one for his room, one for ours, then I don't have to switch. And it might be fun to see him sleep. We also brought in the sound machine, his night light, and got the room all warm and cozy. He went through his routine and was aleep soon. I set him down he was still slightly awake but fell asleep quickly. We left, went down to watch the debates, and got to watch him. It was kinda cool. I could see his chest rise and fall. He was sleeping fine and then his sound machine went off after a half hour. His eyes popped open. He looked around, and then the monitor's video function went off. We could still hear him but he wasn't going back to sleep. Now here is where the video monitor is a blessing or a curse. Normally we can't see him, so does he always wake up after the sound machine goes off? This time we could see him. We saw that he was awake, and he was looking around, stomping his feet, and not sleeping. Then it cut out. He continued to not go back to sleep, and then he finally made his come get me noise. I went up and got him. He was REALLY awake. I tried to nurse him, and he finally got drowsy and sleepy again. But we couldn't get the monitor to show us a video. We put him down, and crept out of the room. The video monitor's sound wasn't good at letting us hear him and the sound machine. All we could hear was the sound machine and then very faintly, him, still not sleeping. We tried again! No luck. He was not interested in sleep but I was by this time, being tired from the night before. Adam tried to get him drowsy while I got ready for bed. No luck, just crying. We decided to have him sleep in our room again. He still wasn't sleepy, or just very over tired. He wanted to suck but my nipples couldnt' handle it any more, it had been over an hour of sucking. He wouldn't just rock to sleep, he wouldn't take the pacifier, he struggled in his swaddle, he got hot and sweaty. It was frustrating. Finally he got so tired he finally would take the pacifer, and within mintues he was alseep, 2 hours after he originally went to bed. Silly guy!
Ok, I rambled enough. He is currently napping in his crib. It's been 20 minutes. Still sleeping. Regular monitor.
Today we are going to wear RED SOX. Yesterday we boh wore RED SOX. Go!
PS- Welcome to Luca Leo Jones Pasquini, Daylen and Chris's new baby boy! 3 boys! Let the Wild Rumpus start!
6 comments:
Holy cow that is nuts! That was a wild ride last night. :) We have our "routine" with Lily too, at night before bed. She is usually down by 10p, give or take half an hour or so. We haven't touched our monitor yet... since she's napping in the crib and we're just down the hall. We can hear her.
We haven't introduced bedtime reading to her yet. Usually she goes down pretty quickly, within an hour of us getting her ready. I think we'll introduce bedtime reading pretty soon. I like the idea of nursing and reading at the same time. That's sweet. :)
Good luck with introducing the crib!!
We have a "sound CD" but we don't play it too often. I've made some sleep mp3 songs for her, with various artists like Sarah McLachlan and Norah Jones and stuff, and some meditation music. We put that on for her when she goes down at night. It's on for about two good hours, and by that time she's in a deep sleep. :)
It's interesting reading other people's bedtime routines. :)
Yeah, we just introduced reading to him while he is still awake and looking. Adam has been reading to us while nursing since he was born. We have also used the sound machine since he was born too. It just plays white noise. We also just introduced playing the lullaby cd while we change and read to him.
Yikes! What a night! What do you suppose he is thinking about? You tell such great stories, Erin. It is wonderful to hear them and see the photos! He is growing so fast, before long he'll be on school!! haha!
How exciting too that there's another playmate. You all will have such special times together. Welcome little Luca to the world for me.
Go Rays!
that is a cool looking high chair.
More photos please, you have an auntie and uncle here who are desperate to see what the little monger looks like! :) Sorry about the rough sleepage, hope he goes back to being a champion sleeper soon! And GO RAYS!
Post a Comment