Yellow=meh
I think two of our four hens are laying now, as I found two eggs in one day this week. Four is more hens than we've ever had. In the past we kept the fresh eggs for eating, and bought eggs for baking. I'm excited to not have to do that this year. Once the eggs start rolling, they'll really be rolling.
Chickens are the best!
Speaking of which, we're about to split a quarter of a grass-fed steer with our friends Becky and Kevin and Aki and Rich. As Erin and Corbin and I are right in the thick of the CAFO section of The Omnivore's Dilemma, we've decided to cease our consumption of CAFO beef. But we like beef, so it's time we found a better, tastier, healthier option. I'd like to do this with chicken, too, especially since it's a meat we eat much more often. They're all sold out for this year, though. Maybe next year.
Happy eating!
Gratuitous Corbin Shots
5 comments:
Wow he's sitting up so wonderfully! Way to go, Corbin!
Those eggs are amazing! I am always amazed by the difference too...
Corbin looks so big!
I LOVE that second picture! it's an apple and a tree. I started reading Omnivore's Dilemna at Jill and Paul's house this weekend. Looks like we have a virtual book club. Someday we'll have some chickens too. Someday.
guess what??? WE GOT AN EGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!! HOORAY FOR CHICKENS!!! :)
I love the baby posture when they're first learning to sit up :o) What a difference in yolk color, wow!
Post a Comment