Sunday, September 21, 2008

Pickle Party

I checked less things off my list than I was hoping this weekend. Ah well. At least I got to check off pickles. Plus, good friends Sabe and Tom are here to visit. So I've got excuses.

I don't even like pickles. But I like making them. We've had a late glut of cukes, and something had to be done. We'd never made pickles before, but we had made dill beans, and they're basically the same.





Fourteen pints of garlic-dill pickles

Three quarts of dill beans, too

And we dug up our potatoes. This is about half of them.

And we picked our eight plums.


Nice horns on that guy! Thanks Sabe!

5 comments:

Sweet Mess said...

You had Sabe and Tom there! Did Sabe make that incredibly cute outfit with horns for Corbin? She is such a good fairy auntie...
I have to say, I feel a little jealous and wish I could be there to visit and help make pickles...

Erin said...

We wish you were here too :-( And yes, Sabe made this incredibly cute outfit with the horns. They are both still a little big, he will grow into them and be ready when the weather gets really cold.

limblyhall said...

I wish i could be there too!! I have been enjoying following corbin and lilykoi as they grow! Both of them have incredible parents!! And that is a georgeous Aunt corbin has in Sabe-
Love
Cleone

Meghan said...

mmmm, pickles!!! You know where to send some if you feel like you just can't eat anymore :)

Jill said...

FUN!! pickles AND dill beans???? AND potatoes and plums??? yummers.