Here we are, snowy around Thanksgiving again. The first thing I did when I got to school on Friday was close the blinds. Got to keep fourth grade eyes away from those floaty, fantastic flakes.
It didn't really start snowing until Friday night. We woke up to a lot of white. I guess there was about 3 inches.
When Corbin woke up I sent him straight to the window to see what was out there. It took him a bit to process what he was seeing. Then he got pretty excited.
He was ready to head out with his pajamas on. Get those boots and go! As we got downstairs it was clear that he was ready to do a little playing before breakfast, so I insisted he get dressed and went up to get some clothes for him. When I returned, he had pushed a chair up to the dishwasher, climbed on top, and was perched somewhat precariously on Ellie's bumbo chair, looking out the window.
Never mind that there are plenty of easier windows to look out of.
"Daddy! 'Now on our garbage can, Daddy!" Corbin sometimes leaves the 's' off of some words.
"Yep."
"And, 'now on the new car, too!"
"Yep it is."
"And on Lynn's pile of dirt!"
"There's snow all over, huh?"
"Yeah!"
So we got bundled up and headed out.
Anyway, Corbin and Erin and Ellie and Brindzi all went on a walk and ended up at Alden's house, where Corbin got to try skis for the first time. It's been our plan to get him on cross country skis this winter. It seems that he will be quite open to the possibility.
Also, Erin relays the following conversation, which occurred during their walk:
"Mommy, you are a banana!"
"Oh, really?"
"I am a zucchini!"
1 comment:
Looks like fun! I loved the video of him jumping, and I can just imagine how excited he was after he realized what he was looking at outside. See you guys in a few days!
Post a Comment