Corbin and Eliza have pretty awesome and active grandparents on both sides. His Grammie Susand and Grandpa Mark just got back from an Italian Adventure. And his Grammie Dani has just taken up Cyclo-cross racing at the age of 61! Cyclo-cross is...Races typically take place in the autumn and winter (the international or "World Cup" season is September–January), and consists of many laps of a short (2.5–3.5 km or 1.5–2 mile) course featuring pavement, wooded trails, grass, steep hills and obstacles requiring the rider to quickly dismount, carry the bike whilst navigating the obstruction and remount.[1][2] Races for senior categories are generally between 30 minutes and an hour long, with the distance varying depending on the ground conditions. The sport is strongest in the traditional road cycling countries such as Belgium (and Flanders in particular), the Netherlands and the Czech Republic .
My parents came up this weekend and there just happened to be a Cyclo-cross race in Sedro-Woolley. So we headed down to watch her race in the cold fog. It was so fun to see her doing something fun and new! And muddy! We cheered "Go Grammie go!" I don't think there was anyone else there cheering on their Grammie :-)
My parents came up this weekend and there just happened to be a Cyclo-cross race in Sedro-Woolley. So we headed down to watch her race in the cold fog. It was so fun to see her doing something fun and new! And muddy! We cheered "Go Grammie go!" I don't think there was anyone else there cheering on their Grammie :-)
This morning I left Eliza with my parents while Corbin and I went to our BTC Two's class. I felt naked without Eliza in the Ergo! It was the longest time I have left her while she is not asleep. She did great! They had to keep her quite entertained and be constantly changing her environment but she was not crying or hysterical when I came home. She even was slightly interested in the bottle. Corbin and I even got to eat some lunch before I nursed and put her down. While we were eating she had some of her first real giggles that lasted more than just a second!
1 comment:
AAWWW baby giggles!!!! Sooo sweet!!
Post a Comment