Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Corbin stories

Corbin in his "fire helmet".

Corbin is one funny dude. He has been having lots of fun "joking" lately. One night we were sitting at dinner and trying to keep him entertained so he would stay in his seat by singing songs. He wanted to sing the Sounders song. It starts out a little something like this... The bluest skies you've ever seen are in Seattle... but for some reason Corbin decided to sing... The bluest skies you've ever seen in JUICE! And he just cracked up laughing. We were all laughing so hard. He thought he was so funny. So now when we need him to smile or change from being grumpy or distract him we sing that version.

Then the other day we were driving home after visiting Adam at school (on Halloween) and he was almost falling asleep. I kept saying, "no falling asleep Corbin". He would close his eyes and then pop them open and say, " I was just joking mommy!"

The other night he was playing with Adam and they were pretending to eat his new plate he made. Adam pretended to eat it and put it behind his back. Corbin was looking for it saying "where did it go daddy?" Then Adam would pull it out and say "just joking". Corbin would then do the same thing. It was just too cute!


He also love to pretend to do almost anything. Yesterday Corbin was watching Caillou on TV. When I came down after putting Ellie to bed he told me what was happening. It was a rainy day on the TV and they were thinking of fun things to do while it rains. Corbin said, "it's rainy there just like here mommy." Then the show was talking about making up stories about why it was raining. Caillou pretended that there were dinosaurs up in the sky washing their cars. They would squeeze out their sponges and it would rain. When Corbin and I were getting dressed he said, "mommy, Brody, Alden, and I are flying into the air to wash our cars to make it rain. Then the rain will fall on the ground." He was so proud of himself for thinking of his own story for why it was raining :-)

Today we went out and played soccer after his nap in the yard. We were having so much fun running around in the crisp cold afternoon air. After a while you could tell he was getting tired of just kicking the ball and running so he kicked in under the tree. Then he said "where did the ball go mommy?"
I told him where it was.
He said "no mommy it's up in the air, way up high."
Me: "Oh, I don't see it. Where is it?"
C: "Way up in the sky mommy."
Me: "Wow, you kicked it high."
C: "Oh look it's now in the tree. An owl caught it."
Me: "Oh really and owl. What's he doing with it?"
C: "He says hoo hoo. Then he is going to eat the ball."
Me: "Does the owl think the ball tastes good?"
C: "Yep, he does. He is now flying away with it and landing on the pumpkin."

While not napping the other day he piled all his animals and blankets in a pile. I was watching him on the monitor. When I went up, I asked what he was doing instead of napping. He said he was building his animals a library!

3 comments:

Garden Street Zoo said...

What a crack-up. I just love the things they come up with!

Grammie S said...

What great stories, Erin!

celina said...

What a great imagination, Corbin! Ruby thinks it's hilarious to call the dog Cocoa Butter and she cracks UP laughing and then wants me to sing songs about a dog named Cocoa Butter. Tonight I caught her singing her own song about our friend's dog, Ginger, and she played the piano to go with it! It was pretty amazing, right up there with Corbin's version of the Sounders song, I bet.