Yesterday Adam came in the door and we were all crying; Eliza, Corbin, and I. Friday's have been really rough for us. It's the end of the week and we have been together all week and it's tough for him and it's tough for me. He wants my attention and my hands are tied at times with Eliza. He gets whiny, he demands, he gets devious, he tries my patience. Ugh. It was one of those days where he woke up whining, I was tired. He was grumpy. We had a lot to do at home. He took every toy out of the toy box. Eliza went down for a nap. She woke up as Corbin was being put down. I was tired. She went down. He woke up after only an hour. She woke up. The house was a mess. The dishes were piling up. We were leaving for the night and then the weekend. He had multiple tantrums. Ugh. I feel like I was a bad mom yesterday. I found myself responding in ways that were not helping the situation but probably making them worse. He watched a lot of Sesame Street yesterday. When Adam walked in the door I had just burst into tears because they were both crying. Corbin had just fallen down from climbing on the bathtub. Why was he in the bathroom with the bathtub? Because I was nursing and he was off doing his own thing. Until he fell. Ugh. He was ok. But he was crying and whining, she was crying and over tired. So I just burst into tears as Adam was walking in the door. But I did bake a pie yesterday.
Eliza doesn't have many warm jammies in this size, so she was in some of Corbin's old ones...
Eliza doesn't have many warm jammies in this size, so she was in some of Corbin's old ones...

Here is Eliza on the top and Corbin on the bottom. Corbin was also about 2 months at this time...
Corbin helped me bake the pie. It was still the morning, we still had only a few melt-downs at this point and Eliza was napping. He loved rolling out the dough. He got flour everywhere. I came down after putting Ellie down and he was just playing in the flour we had put on the counter for the dough.
Sorry it's the wrong way, I always forget to turn it and can't figure out how to do it once it's on the computer.
Sorry it's the wrong way, I always forget to turn it and can't figure out how to do it once it's on the computer.
We have some good days and some bad. The beginning of the week was pretty good. Eliza is getting into a bit more of a routine. She is sleeping in her crib for all her naps and starts out the night in it. Last night she slept from 10:00 pm to 6:30! Granted she had not slept for almost 6 hours with a mini 20 minute nap. But another night she slept from 8pm to 2am and then again at 4:30 and 7 am. But we are moving in a positive direction.
6 comments:
kudos to you for staying home with an infant and a toddler, it can be very overwhelming. When I have days like that, I think it's best to drop everything you're doing, throw the baby in a carrier or jogger and get outside. Sometimes a little fresh air makes everything better. Plus the dishes and dirty house won't mind if they are forgotten for a little while longer.
I have days like that too and I only have one kiddo. I have been so tired and sick during the first trimester of this pregnancy, I have have had several days where I felt like a bad mom - yelling, impatient, the works.
You are doing a great job and I am impressed with everything you manage to get done with two kiddos in tow!
Oh Erin! I sympathize 100%. Some days are bad, some are awful, and some are wonderful (with hard moments always mixed in a little). We had one of those "awful" ones last night. But nothing a little sleeping in can't mend. :-)
Oh goodness! A taste of what is in store for me. I feel this way on some days even now. But "they" tell me that our capacity grows along with the level of challenge, so I'm thinking I'll be one tough lady...eventually. You are doing a great job Erin! Your dedication and passion for raising great kids shows! Keep on keepin' on. I'll be asking for all kinds of advice in coming months, so make some notes, would ya? ;)
Hang in there Mama...
Do you remember my blog post where we were all crying? Well, it happened more than one time. But it has gotten easier. There are still days where I feel like I am going out of my mind, and Lili is being naughty and craving attention (negative), and blah blah blah, but it seems like things get easier overall.
It seems crazy, but I have noticed that if I try to do something extra, even if it is fun (like bake bread or make a pie) that little bit of extra work (even if I included Lili in most of it) tips the day to a bad day. I don't know. Anyways, A million hugs.
They are super cute in the pictures ;)
PS, I agree with Sades, if it is possible to take them on a walk instead of time-outs ect. that has worked wonders for me too...
Post a Comment