Where did August go? Can it really already be September? Here are a few pictures from our last days of August. Meghan also took some really nice ones from last weekend. My camera stayed "lost" in the stroller after the visit to the zoo, so check hers out from the weekend on BI.
Corbin decided that the sprinkler was too cold and therefore wanted to put on his rain coat to run through the sprinkler :-)
Corbin decided that the sprinkler was too cold and therefore wanted to put on his rain coat to run through the sprinkler :-)
Then he needed his boots to water the garden. Swim diaper, rain coat, boots, and his hat that is too small...what an outfit!
We wanted to take Corbin to the zoo before summer was over. We went last year for his birthday but this year we thought he would love it even more. And he did. We saw all kinds of fun animals. It was great to be there in the morning when they are all awake and active. When I went in to wake him up to go to the zoo, we had to leave really early to get there before nap, I asked him if he was ready to go to the zoo?
He was still lying really still and still asleep. I moved around a little, got his clothes out, and he still didn't seem to wake up. I then said "Good morning Corbin. Are you ready to go the zoo?"
He stayed really still and then all of a sudden said "might see BATS!" It was so funny!
When we asked him what his favorite animal was at the zoo he says "the monkey that peed on the ground." We saw a gorilla that peed while swinging in the trees. All the kids watching were quite amazed. Yes, all animals pee. He was also very excited by the bats, the bears, and the kangaroos. The kangaroo's were my favorite.
We had a great weekend celebrating Susan and Mark's Birthday's with family and friends. Then we came home to Adam starting school. My time with Adam at home has come to an end. My mom came up to help delay the inevitable. We are starting to get into somewhat of a routine and trying to figure out others. It was nice to have her here to help me get some things like grocery shopping and errands done. Then the morning she left Eliza decided to go and short nursing strike. She has been a pretty consistent nurser, nursing between 2-3 hours max during the day and when she does not want to nurse she just plays around and smiles or lets me know in a quiet way. Well the other day she hadn't nursed for over 4 1/2 hours and every time I would try she would just scream. And not a kind of little cry but a blood curdling scream. She has had a cold these last couple of weeks so wondered if she had a ear infection or something. So I decided to take her into the doctor. Of course this was my first real time by myself and Adam couldn't come home fast because he was on his bike at school. I probably jumped the gun but I think I was feeling over nervous being all on my own, her cold, and then screaming while not nursing seemed extreme. I of course had just put Corbin down for a nap and Adam couldn't get home before I had to leave. I called my friend Aki whose daughter takes earlier naps. She luckily could come over so I could take Eliza to the doctor and not have to wake Corbin. Thank goodness for awesome friends! Of course the doctor said nothing was wrong. He thought maybe she was experiencing stomach cramping or something since she had not had any poops in the last 2 days. She finally ended up nursing a little when Adam got home and was able to rub her head while I tried to latch her on. I think she was protesting Adam going back to work :-) She then wouldn't nurse again for another 5 hours but then nursed fine before bed and slept for almost 8 hours. The next morning she did a similar pattern, nursed in the morning and then not again during the middle of the day. I am not sure what was going on. It was stressing me out though. The next day was normal and then again yesterday she did it while we were out and about. Who knows. I guess since we don't eat while we don't feel good, the same thing is true for babies. She was still having wet diapers and seemed happy while not screaming. I guess I just have to relax and see how it goes. She is proving to be a big girl though. When weighed at the doctor, she is already 12 pounds and not even 2 months old!
Now I sit here watching Corbin and Brody play in the sand box. They are so funny. I wish I could just record all their conversations. Our next adventure of being at home with two kids is on its way...school starts for Adam on Tuesday. Here we go!
1 comment:
What fun end of summer adventures - though not the Nursing Strike! Good Luck to you all as the school year begins! Yes, "here you go" - you will have fun and it will go all too very fast!!
Post a Comment