Friday, August 22, 2008

Grasping Connections

It's amazing how such small things can make such big news when it comes to baby development. Especially your own baby's development!

Last week he figured out he had a fist. This week he can get his fist to do things. Sometimes accidentally sometimes on purpose. But it's pretty cool either way. He began waving at one of his dangley toys from his chair last night. Which by the way he now can sit in and be content. I think its because he can now see further and likes to sit up not just lie on his back.



Then today while reading a story I gave him a rattle to grasp. I have been reading about how they can now grasp at things and then let go. But he held onto it for a while and was waving it in front of his face. He brought it up to his mouth too. I am not sure he quite knew what he was doing but he will get it soon.








Ok. Got to go save Adam. I think he's hungry. Or its time for a nap. We are working on lying down for naps instead of napping on the go. They are going ok. Better today than yesterday. We are going to the Rodeo in Lynden tonight. We shall see how it goes. Keep posted for some good looking tomatoes soon. Adam is master gardner!

3 comments:

Sweet Mess said...

GO Corbin GO! YAY!!!

Anonymous said...

We've been doing the same things with Lily - teaching her she has a fist and can use it to open her hand and close her hand to hold onto things. Mat time is rather fun and sometimes she gets it, sometimes she doesn't. It's really neat to see their daily growth!

Corbin is getting SO big! You have the same chair as we do... Lily isn't into it so much, but I suspect that she will be soon, like Corbin. The sitting up position she absolutely adores, but she definitely prefers being in our arms. Hehe.

Hey, is that the rattle I got Corbin?! It's so exciting to see him do all these new things, and know that Lily's development is just around the corner too.

Erin said...

Yep, that is the Rattle you got us Helen. Yesterday was the first time it has come out of the toy box. He is getting more and more interested in things so now we will have more toys etc. for him to play with.