Thursday, July 01, 2010

A new space

Nope, no baby yet. But she does have her own space now! Our upstairs only has 2 bedrooms. For a long time we didn't know what we would do when #2 came along. We thought for a while that we would have he two of them share Corbin's small room. We still might in the future but for now she has a small space to call her "own". Corbin was in our room for about 4 months, before he moved into his own room. So we decided to take the area at the top of the stairs and turn it into a room. We will hang bamboo shades from the ceiling to go down to the half wall (above the stairs). I got inspired by trying to think about how to block the half wall off from the stairs and started thinking about making curtains. We decided that curtains all along that wall might be too much...so instead I just made curtains for the window and bought the bamboo. I am quite proud of my curtains. My mom helped me get started and then Jen's sewing machine helped me finish! There is even just enough room for my new rocker/glider around the corner. The changing table is right next to the bathroom so we can still use it for Corbin and all of her clothes.

Because of the color of the hallway, red and yellowish orange, it was a challenge to match both colors with fabric that was somewhat feminine but I think we found the perfect match!





I am all ready for her to come. Her space is ready. The birth room and tub are ready. All the towels and supplies are ready. Her clothes are washed and ready. But I think I jinxed myself by thinking she would come early like Corbin did. My official due date is July 6th. So I still have time. I have really been enjoying some down time and relaxing after school finished. With Corbin I only had one weekend before he showed up. Adam (and I) have been doing a few things on our To Do list. I have been taking lots of naps and reading and watching movies. It's been nice, but I am now ready. My body is ready to be done being pregnant. My body wants to be able to turn over at night without having wake up and change positions. But I am not in control of any of it. Oh well.

We made it to a wedding this past weekend, no dancing or wine for me though...


I will keep you all posted as to baby events.

2 comments:

Sades said...

Erin, you look wonderful and I love the new babies room, the colors are great. Good luck with your home birth and happy 2 years to Corbin!

Sweet Mess said...

Er you look so great!!! So refreshing to see you pregnant before I see you with a baby in your arms. I can't believe you wore those shoes to the wedding~ crazy!

The baby's "room" is super cute. Love those curtains. It was wonderful to talk to you today, hang in there, we are all thinking of you and the family...
XOXO