Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Growing Families

This past weekend our family grew by one more, officially. Kevin and Meghan got married! I now have a sister-in-law. We went down to Seattle and began the weekend festivities with a co-bachelorette & bachelor party game of croquet.

Here Corbin is with his almost official aunt Meghan, getting ready for some croquet. Meghan looks like she is making a Corbin face :-)

Corbin's first game of croquet, too bad he slept through most of it :-)

My parents came up for the wedding and also helped out a ton! It was so nice to have them there to help out so Adam and I could do wedding stuff. Much like Susan helped out the previous weekend at Rowan & KK's wedding.

Three generations!

Hanging out with Grandma!

Kevin and Meghan decided to forgo the cake for the wedding and had ice cream cones instead! So they had their wedding cake the night before at the rehearsal dinner. Both the cake and the ice cream were delicious!


Corbin also got to meet lots of his extended family. Mark's sisters and their families were all in town for the weekend. Here Corbin is with his great aunt Kim, as uncle Alan and cousin Ben look on.

Corbin got some good quality time with Grandpa during the wedding.

The wedding was in a great spot at the Farm Kitchen in Port Gamble. It was a perfect spot for an outdoor wedding. The weather was great, a little hot for those tuxes, but other than that, pretty good!

The ceremony was great. They were married by a family friend David Stallings. Their own vows brought tears to the eyes and they had a very cool audience participation piece with their rings. They had their rings pass through everyone's hands to have everyone place their own thoughts and wishes on the rings. It was very cool.

Meghan looked just gorgeous in her dress!

Corbin slept through the whole thing. I had to stand with him for a while but he didn't make a peep.

Three generations of Shaffer boys!

Uncle NZA looks pretty content with a sleeping Corbin ;-)



Grandma and her boys.

A new family photo. It just keeps growing.

It was the first time all grandparents were all together as new grandparents! Corbin is a pretty lucky guy to have such wonderful grandparents who love him. I am sure he will have many more adventures with them all :-)

6 comments:

Kat said...

wonderful pictures. I am especially fond of the one of Erin, Corbin and Dani. = beautiful.
can't wait to meet the Corbster.

Anonymous said...

Wow those are great photos! Corbin sure is growing... just comparing his photos from the first day he was born to now, you can totally tell he's getting bigger and plumper. SO cute! I love that sling you got too. I tried out our sling but I think I did it wrong -- Lily Bean wasn't too impressed and got irritated. I'll try again later on. Hehe. We haven't tried the other one yet. :)

Great photos, you guys. Keep them coming!

Sweet Mess said...

Great post!
I can imagine what it was like to be at that important wedding. Good story-telling, good pictures!

Jill said...

man, that kid has got some STYLE! :)

Anonymous said...

And we're back from a tough week on the beach in Kauai! Thanks for the post, and we're glad you enjoyed yourselves. See you soon.

Meghan said...

Whew, it's all over and we're all married! :) Thanks for the post about the wedding, it's nice to see a couple pictures! Hope you guys enjoy a couple weekends at home!