Thursday, July 10, 2008

Getting into the "Swing" of things


I am finally feeling like I am getting into the "swing" of things lately. I have been up and around and about. I actually helped and did the dishes and helped with dinner! Corbin has been sleeping pretty well lately, with some 4 to 5 hour stretches, which allows me to sleep that long too, making it so I don't need as many naps :-) The lactation specialist made another home visit and helped with his latch. It's amazing how a small change in latch can make my nipples that much happier ;-) and me happier :-) We have been out in the garden, picking flowers, swinging in the hammock, and doing some outings. My aunt Connie and cousin Mary are here visiting before they go down to see my mom and grandpa. So we feel like life is good! Summer is here! We are doing great!

Corbin gets some great hair after he nurses! Here he's got the "wings" (with a little help from daddy!).

I put Corbin in the Becco and we did some flower picking and directing of weed pulling. Then we decided to take a time out in the hammock. Swinging away!

This felt like one of our first "REAL" summer meals. An Eating Well meal! Blueberry burgers, our own Swiss Rainbow Chard, and some roasted potatoes! Yum!

Our garden is starting to really produce yummy veggies! When we go to the market, we already have almost all the things they are sellling; broccoli, artichokes, strawberries, sugar snap peas, greens, garlic, and soon zucchini! We will be eating zucchini every night soon.

We went on a good outing yesterday to Fairhaven. He slept the whole time. We used the stroller for the first time around and about. He falls asleep instantly as soon as it starts moving. He started to stir after we ate lunch, but then fell asleep again on my sholder. We also did our 2nd nursing in public at Village Books. The "Hooter Hider" is a great thing! Although I am not good without my "Boppy" pillow. I still haven't figured out how to get really comfy yet. Oh well.

We also purchaced the magic swing! He seems to love it! Although it puts him into a transe, he doens't really seem to fully fall asleep in it. But it does keep him content so we can eat dinner or breakfast!

Yay! Swinging away!

The "I am sleepy" look but don't really want to fall asleep.

Here he is with his Great Aunt Connie and his cousin Mary.

4 comments:

Sweet Mess said...

He has grown up so much in the week I was away! So has your garden!
They both look great.

Meghan said...

Love the hair do! Can't wait to see him again, and you of course!

mypigsfly said...

I want a Magic Swing!!!! Looking good momma!!

Anonymous said...

Omg, Erin. I totally need extra help with this breast-feeding thing. A nurse care practitioner is gonna come by in two days, and I'm gonna ask her for a lactation specialist too. My nipples are completely swollen. No milk has come in yet, though. Bean has latched in correctly but she's also biting down on the nipple every chance she gets, to the point of peeling skin and leaving a "burning" sensation. And it's only going on day 4! Argh.

Anyway, I'm totally discouraged about the breast feeding thing. Any words of wisdom would be wonderful. :)

Mommahood is definitely all it's cracked up to be, though. I am sooo in love with this Bean. I see what you mean when you talk about Corbin. :)