Sunday, April 27, 2008

No more feet

No more feet! Only if I bend over can you see my toes!


32 Weeks. 8 Weeks left.


Growing belly at 32 weeks. Any guesses as to what sex it might be? Hmm...

I have no more toes or feet when I look down, my belly is in the way. I feel like I am always saying, "wow, I have really grown this week" but now I really feel that way. I have really "popped out" as some might say. Little Dweezy is growing and so am I. Or so we hope. Adam's class measured my belly in early March. They measured it again on Friday. According to the string, I hadn't grown any. Or the first measure by Nikki was really off. Or maybe I am just changing shape. It's a mystery. I am also REALLY hungry all the time but I can't eat much. Of course I am hungry for carbs and sweet things. I am passed the hump of the gestational diabetes. I tested negative for it and now it won't be an issue. Of course this has completely changed my mind set and I am having slightly more trouble staying on my low-carb diet. I have also been experiencing this stretching burning pain on my stomach right under my right breast. I think that Dweezy is growing or pushing a lot on that area and that it's completely normal but I also think I will ask my mid-wife next week. My sciatic pain is almost completely gone too. The chiropractor has really helped with that.

Adam and I went to a partner prenatal yoga class last night. It was fun to work together on some yoga poses. Although some of it wasn't totally new information as far as relaxation or poses that might help in labor, it was fun to connect and spend 2 hours just focusing on the baby and me and us as new parents. I think Adam is going to be a great labor coach and relief to me during labor. He already knows how to calm me down and help me relax. He is always so relaxed about everything, even when I am uptight. He has the relaxation methods down for helping me. It will be interesting to see how much those might help during labor or if I just don't want any of them done. I had an overwhelming sense that we are doing exactly what we are supposed to be doing, even if its scary and we don't have all the answers, this is the right choice for us. I have no doubts in my mind that I want to raise a child with Adam. Not that I was doubting any of that but it's always nice to just feel so right about something. And this feels so right. I had a similar feeling on our wedding day. This is where we are headed next and it feels good.

We also had our first visit to the Birth Center last appointment. It was so nice. It almost had a bed and breakfast type of feeling. The rooms had great comfortable queen sized beds, birthing tubs, a bathroom, and seating areas. The people we want to have at the birth can wait in the comfy waiting room, or with us. It just feels very personal.

Next week is my first baby shower. Nikki and Ali are hosting it in Seattle. I am excited to spend time with friends and get ready for the baby. I am sure I will have fun things to say about it next week. My mom is coming up for it. She hasn't seen me since New Years. Then in a couple of weeks we will have a co-ed shower in Bham, hosted by Jill, Julie, and Jen (the J's). Adam's family will be able to be at that one, as well as Bham friends!

I think it might be time for weekly belly shots. Instead of monthly. We shall see. You can see all the monthly belly shots in the "Belly Shots" category/label on the left of the blog.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're looking gorgeous, Erin! I love that belly! Too bad I missed you on Friday. Didn't get out of the appointment until around 7:30ish and by then I was just too darn exhausted to do anything.

You gotta let us know how the Birth Center goes. I would be there too if we were having this baby in Bellingham. :)

And yes, I agree with the weekly belly photos!

(P.S. I got Bean her own website: lilybean.org.)

Anonymous said...

P.S. I think you're having a boy!

Kat said...

wow erin!
you are GLOWING!! i think you should have posted mom-face shots with each belly shot, as it adds a whole new perspective!
i know you've been nutritionally on-task during your pregnancy...have you tuned into the theory that the baby's sex is determined in some part by what the mother eats during her pregnancy?

Erin said...

No... but some women at school say I am carrying high, which means I am having a girl. It's getting more apparent that I am definitely carrying high...so I am wondering what other people think. Hmm....

Anonymous said...

That second picture is pretty darned cute. There's just not really any other way to describe it.

You're looking a lot different than the last time Meghan and I saw you! Looking forward to the upcoming Mariners games and baby shower.

mypigsfly said...

heehee...LOVE the "view from above" photo of your "no feet" haaha! And yes, as other are saying, you look MARVELOUS darling!! EIGHT more weeks!!! Time is flying that's crazy.
Love you writing on childbirth in the US - totally agree. As i loved from that YouTube video on natrual child birth and their last statement, "Natural." 'nough said. :c)

Love & Miss you bunches!!
cheers,
julie

Sweet Mess said...

I ditto the beautiful theme!
as for carrying high, I got a lot of comments on how I was carrying low, and you know how it turned out...
love you guys!