I'll keep you updated.
When I finally escaped conferences this afternoon, I headed to the garden. We bought a wheelbarrow-load-sized bunch of plants--veggies mostly--two weeks ago. They really want to be in the ground. So. Some shrubbish things out front and out back. Two fancy grasses on the hillside. An-duh, the answer to last week's puzzler: Chard, lettuce, kale, spinach, sugar snaps, broccoli, onion, leek, strawberry, rosemary, and parsley. A nice start of starts.
And the raspberries are going to kick asp this year, after being rather stingy transplantees last summer. Lots of new ones coming up. We may not even have to go pick any. Which would be especially delightfully deliciously satisfying. Blueberries looking good, too.
Hope the baby's got a good weed-grip.
When I finally escaped conferences this afternoon, I headed to the garden. We bought a wheelbarrow-load-sized bunch of plants--veggies mostly--two weeks ago. They really want to be in the ground. So. Some shrubbish things out front and out back. Two fancy grasses on the hillside. An-duh, the answer to last week's puzzler: Chard, lettuce, kale, spinach, sugar snaps, broccoli, onion, leek, strawberry, rosemary, and parsley. A nice start of starts.
And the raspberries are going to kick asp this year, after being rather stingy transplantees last summer. Lots of new ones coming up. We may not even have to go pick any. Which would be especially delightfully deliciously satisfying. Blueberries looking good, too.
Hope the baby's got a good weed-grip.
2 comments:
Looks good. I think next time you move you'll have to just build your own house. It can't be that big of a step from a closet to a whole house, right? Maybe a slightly larger time commitment.
Yay for veggies, we planted some peas in our mini-garden a while ago, they seem to be enjoying the alternating sun and rain. Soon we'll put some more things in, and it won't take long to fill up all our garden space.
Just what I need. An entire house of tolerable but not quite satisfying construction.
Post a Comment