Friday, April 11, 2008
Closet Closed
Another project finished. Spring break is nice that way. For finishing projects. Or starting them. Baby room closet? Check-plus!
Paul and I hung the door. I'm intentionally not including a bad-tasting joke about hanging here. I'm keeping myself on a short leash. Anyway, hanging doors is not that easy and not that hard, but it's nice to have two people. On the Internet, they have directions for prehung doors. And for new doors in old jambs. And new doors in new jambs. But I used an old door in a new jamb. No help there, from Mr. I nternet. If you're feeling like you've met this door before, it's the one that used to be between the office and the TV room.
I am now a sheetrock master. Sort of. Now that I've done some significant sheetrocking, I am noticing that whoever did all the sheetrocking in our house previously was definitely not a sheetrock master, which makes me feel all the more masterly...ish.
That is a fine piece of work. It's like it was always there! But wait! What's that on the left? Are those...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Looks Awesome!
Adam you seem to be doing a good job nipping that nesting urge in the bud. eh?
Often I'd prefer to be nesting. But I'm having fun most of the time, with all these projects. Which is good, because there's always another one.
Our midwife said it would be OK for Erin to paint with a mask and the windows open, so she's been helping with that. She has other projects she's working on, of course.
Next we're putting some trim in the baby room (it will be the first completely finished room in the whole house!) and repainting a dresser/changing table we got off craigslist. Oh, and weeding. And weeding. And weeding.
Where is that nest, anyway? Oh, right. I haven't built it yet...
Adam, I don't think you quite understand the reference to nesting...while pregnant :-)
It's looking good though! I am excited that by the end of this weekend we will have a finished room, crib, and maybe even changing table ready! Wow!
It looks awesome, Adam! Good work! We still haven't finished painting our baby room. I can't wait to see the entire room all finished when you guys are done!
You need to have Kevin help with some projects, he desperately wants to be handy, but we have nothing to be handy with or on! Looks really fantastic, I'd live there, so Dweezy will surely be a happy little baby!
Good thinking! Can I have Kevin every weekend until June 24?
Heh. I think I would be having Kevin help, except that he lives 1.5 hours away. He can help anytime he wants!
Post a Comment