We reached our goal for spring break, to work and get close to finishing the baby room. Well, it was my goal at least. And here it is! Notice the awesome trim (thanks Adam!).
It's weird to be sitting in a room for a baby. Our baby. A baby that is not even here yet. Sometimes it feels like it's just around the corner, other times it feels a million miles away. In yoga class we talk about just living in the moment, not looking too far forward or too far back. Wishing we could change the past or what's going to happen in the future. This is hard for me to do but I am working on it. I am trying to just enjoy where I am right now. Knowing that when the time is right the baby will be here, hopefully not too early OR too late. I can try to be ready but I don't think any one thing is going to really make me ready to be a mom, other than actually experiencing it. The other night I turned to Adam and said "we are going to be parents. Not just Adam and Erin but real parents." It's hard to wrap my mind around it sometimes. Our lives are REALLy going to change. I know it will be wonderful and hard but at the same time, I have no idea what to really expect. I feel like we can read and practice and get ready but at the same time I don't know what that deep emotional feeling is going to be like. I don't know what feeling like parent is going to feel like. I don't know what that love is going to feel like. I remember when we first got Gryffin and I said, I didn't know you could love another little animal like this. Ha!
Well back to school tomorrow. Nine more weeks of school. Ten (or so) weeks more of pregnancy. 5:30 am will be here too soon. June 24th will be here before we know it too. Live each day.
3 comments:
That is a sweet looking baby room! I'd definitely live there. Good job, guys. The baby may not think it cares what it's room looks like, but it can't hurt to have a nice, bright, new looking one.
The "Adam and Erin are going to be parents soon...that's crazy" thoughts have been occurring to me more and more, lately. You two will be great at it, I'm sure.
Your baby room is beautiful!! I can't wait to get ours done. We're a lot slower than you.. hehe. We're still working on the walls (since we want a few murals, it makes for slower progress, I think), but we've got most of the furniture already. Just need a changing table, bookshelf, and dresser (hoping to get the table and dresser in one). Been eyeing Craig's List too. :) I can't wait to get our room done as well!
P.S. Can I just RSVP for both Dave and me for your shower? I got the invitation last week. :)
What a sweet, sunny room!
You are definitely bringing "a little sunshine" into your lives and ours! Ten weeks! Yikes!
Post a Comment