Spring is here! At least it has been for the last two days. We played outside after nap both days. Corbin loves it! Eliza is going to keep me on my toes while outside, as usual. She is going to be that kid with a mouthful of dirt. Every day I have to fish at least 2 gross things out of her mouth. Yesterday, an unidentifiable white thing, a fruit sticker, moss, and dirt. Today she tried to go for the grass, the moss again, sticks, pussy willow buds, chalk, luckily I got them all before she did, except for the chalk.


She is so interested in what Corbin is doing. He has been doing very well with her, although he does not really like it.



And she can climb the stairs... Which means I can't leave her for a second because that concrete is HARD!
A little late but this little bug is 8 MONTHS!! Our computer is again full of pictures so I was delaying uploading some...but I just couldn't resist doing a post about playing outside.
This little girl is a spit fire! But I can't even tell you how much I love her. Oh my heart! My love for both of them grows so much as they start to really interact with each other. Corbin just makes her laugh like no other. She is VERY interested in knowing what he is doing. She now knows his name. When I say, where is Corbin, she looks around. She is also very interested in seeing what he is playing with. That is the one area where he does not like her.
She signed "All done" today. She is also responding to "how big is Ellie?" and she raises her hands. It's so cute! She has also learned to clap. She is so proud of herself. I think she almost has nurse down too.
She has learned how to climb o the trampoline. She fell one time and since then, has gone to the edge and then made all this noise for me to help her down. It was amazing how quick she learned. She almost always has something in her mouth while crawling around! It's so cute!


As you can see by the food one her sweat shirt, she is a messy eater! She really wants to feed herself these days. As long as I give her something to eat with her hands then I can shovel more food in. Her recent favorites are tofu, sardines, puffs, and asparagus. And as usual, fruit.






She is my little love bug! I have also been trying to be more consistent with her regarding nursing and sleeping. It was so easy with Corbin because there was only one of him. She is constantly getting shuttled here and there. But after being gone all day for our PD class, it made me realize that I could cut out a nursing and try to get her to have better naps while we are at home. I know I am also wanting her to put herself to sleep better and have others put her to sleep. So I have begun not nursing her down in the morning even though we did cry it out to get to to sleep better at night she almost always get's nursed down. Because I was inconsistent and sometimes she was asleep when I put her down and sometimes just drowsy, she was still crying a lot at times. So after only 3 days of crying and not for too long, she just nuzzles down into her lovey has a few whimpers and is asleep! I am now trying to nurse her when she gets up. At first she had a hard time with it but now is great! She doesn't want to nurse quite as much even and sometimes wants more about an hour or two later so we are now working on that. At afternoon nap I am nursing her because it's usually been 3-4 hours since waking up and usually only nursing once. I also put Corbin down first and I don't want to her to make too much noise. So far it's been going really well with all these changes. This last week her naps have also been longer...now if I could only get her to sleep later than 6 am! I think I also might try to drop our night feeding after this weekend....

This will be my black mail when Corbin is 17! He just loves to dress up and this was what he decided to wear the other day! Ha! Later he found his cowboy hat and badge and it was a complete outfit!
And I was just going to upload photos and not write much!
2 comments:
What a great post Erin! It is amazing all the things Eliza does at 8 months and Corbin is such a good brother. What a joy those two are!!!
They are so cute together and I love Corbin's sense of style with the boots. Great blackmail material!
Post a Comment