Fun times today. Fun times. And yes, she got poop on her arm today. Enter mom with two kids going through the Costco parking lot in the freezing cold wind. Corbin is crying because he fell and banged his elbow and now does not want to sit in the cart. Mom tries to lift Corbin into cart with Eliza on her front in the Ergo (imagine unknown poop squishing). Run into the warmth of Costco and start to transfer Eliza from Ergo to seat in cart. Hmmm...what's that smell? Look down. Eliza has a HUGE wet brown spot on her shirt. Ahk. So much so that I am carrying her all funny so as to push the cart (with Corbin in it) and not get poop on me, the cart, or anyone else. Try to navigate my way through Costco, back through the lines, to the bathroom all while holding a baby about a foot from my body! Some people looked at me like I was crazy. Others gave me a knowing smile. Costco bathroom is one of those bathrooms where you cannot take your cart in, or you will block everything. The changing table is by the sinks, blocking the way. Still holing Eliza a good distance away, I try to get Corbin out of the cart. This is one of those moments I wondered what people would do if I just left him there. He was contained. I could have strapped him in and just walked around the corner to change Eliza but no, I decided to take him with me. I start to strip Eliza down. Of course I do not have a change of clothes on me. I notice it's not on her jacket. Good. It's only a small amount on her sweat shirt. Good. It's all over her onsie. Ugh. There is a small part on her pants. Good. At least she can have her pants, sweat shirt and jacket on. She's a second kid, she can handle a little poop on her pants and sweat shirt in the name of warmth. I pull her onsie over her head. It's all the way up her back, not just over the diaper on her lower back. I mean on her WHOLE back. On her arm! On her arm! Near her neck. Good God! And when I actually get to taking off her diaper, there is barely anything in her diaper. It's only on her body outside her diaper! And while all this is happening Corbin is running around the bathroom like a crazy two year old (oh right, same thing). She wants to try to crawl off every time I let go trying to grab Corbin. Ugh. Why did I not leave him in the cart? When I finally have her stripped and re-diapered, Corbin takes off out the door of the bathroom. Corbin! Corbin? CORBIN! Little stinker. He didn't get too far and then just hid behind the cart. I should have strapped him in. I should have. Yep. Fun times. I should have also just bought a new outfit at Costco because she smelled like poop for the rest of the trip. When we got back to the car, there was that same smell on the car seat. Great! When we went to the library, she stunk up the whole place and then pooped again. And then again. Hmm... maybe those Cherrios were not good for her yet. I have no idea.
So I decided to give her broccoli and rice cereal Uma style. She really wanted to feed herself. And just now that broccoli came out again. Wow, that was fast. Yep still talking about baby poop.
So I decided to give her broccoli and rice cereal Uma style. She really wanted to feed herself. And just now that broccoli came out again. Wow, that was fast. Yep still talking about baby poop.
1 comment:
EXPLODING CHEERIOS!!! They never put THAT warning on the box!! You will go for awhile with such as story! Corbin does look (is) a little stinker, but Eliza stunk more, it sounds! I love them anyhow and I know you do too! Soo wasn't YOUR day a lot more interesting than Adam's??
Fun times :)
Post a Comment