Thursday, August 27, 2009

Back to the grind...

...Well in my case school and my job, which I mostly love. Yep, that's right. I started work again this week after being on leave for 14 months! I can't even tell you how valuable my year with Corbin has been. I am so glad I got the chance to spend a whole year with him every day watching him grow. I feel so lucky. And I have also been itching to get back to work but not full time. And now I have the perfect combo of both. I am working 3 days a week, Tues. Wed. and Thurs. and get to be with Corbin for 4 days in a row with him! Corbin also has a GREAT nanny. I feel so comfortable with him being with Melissa that it has made the transition so much easier than a childcare center. He gets to be either at our house or his buddy Brody's house. Both places he knows and feels comfortable with. He will be with Brody all three days and then I will take Brody on Friday's when Becky is at work. It's a great situation. He already loves Melissa. Yesterday when she came over, he wanted instantly out of his high chair and to play. Today he didn't even cry when she put him down for a nap. It makes leaving him SOOO much easier. Next week is a day of meetings then students start school on Wed. It will be 8 hours away from Corbin leaving maybe even before he wakes up. I will keep you updated.


Here is a picture of what Melissa has to look forward to on bad days :-) (This is on her wedding day in the beginning of Aug. )

4 comments:

Helen said...

You're lucky to be able to find someone you intrinsically trust to take care of Corbin while you're working. I'm lucky to have Daddy Dave be at home with Lily while I'm working. Outside of Nana, we really don't have anyone we can trust on a regular basis when we are both at work, which is why we've been stalling for Dave to go back to work!! Keep us posted! Melissa sounds fabulous! Is she willing to commute to Canada? Ha!

Kevin said...

Sounds perfect. Good luck being back on the job!

Anonymous said...

What a great picture! Good luck getting back into the swing of things, and I am SO glad for you that you have a good situation for your little guy!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear that things are going well and the transition is smooth. It must make this all, so much easier! Good luck with the kiddos!
Shay