We u-picked a few raspberries for jam, but all our frozen ones were from our own plants. That's the first time we've had that level of production. It's good, and I'm looking forward to increased production in coming years.
Pickle power! The week before we left for NH, I did this:
That's bread-and-butter on Monday, dill beans on Tuesday, pickled chard stems on Wednesday, and dill pickles on Friday. I don't like pickled things, myself. But I like making them. The cukes are backing up, so I've got to make some more soon.I picked most all of our transparent apples and made six quarts of applesauce. The big tree is looking loaded, but they won't be ripe for a while still.
Zucchini, zucchini, zucchini.
The corn has been frequently consumed...by raccoons. We've decided to give up on corn and dedicate that space to something else. The raccoons always get it, and we rarely do, so what's the point? Better to have carrots or something.
Green beans, green beans, green beans. Frozen a bunch.
Froze broccoli, too.
The artichokes got away from us a little bit. We've eaten about six or seven, but two or three have gotten past us. So they'll be flowers, which are stunning and an acceptable substitute for eating.
Lots of chard, lots of kale, and I've planted more.
Hoop house tomatoes are doing well. Lots of cherries, and a bunch of romas, and others poking along. They keep falling over, though, so I need to get some stakes out there.
Here's what we came home to yesterday:
3 comments:
Kevin and I desperately need to start pickling things, we just never seem to have any time to do it! Everything looks so yummy!
man, i wish you would've continued your pickling spree while you were here...i have such a backlog of beans and cukes. you vacationer.
I am totally impressed!!! Way more productive than our garden seems to be. *sigh*
even our squash plants got wiped out. We do have a good amount of basil and tomatoes though. :)
Great job, and I wish I were around to eat some of those dilly beans.
Post a Comment