Ok. Get ready for a lot of pictures! This is what happens when I don't get to post for a week. Or just that I take and post a lot of pictures :-) We are finally home and glad to be, although we had a great time with both of our families! Corbin's first Christmas was really fun. We got some really great time in with aunts, uncles, grandparents, great grandparents, and friends! Corbin got some really fun new wooden toys including some second hand blocks and a train and some great books. There was also a monkey theme, since he is my little monkey! Corbin also had two slightly tramatic events. He was too quick for us and grabbed a hot bowl of soup on Christmas Eve and burned his little hand. It blistered but he is now almost completely healed! It was hard on both of us for about a half hour! But then he hardly seemed to notice it. And we learned our lesson of what happens when you don't lable food in the fridge and make your own baby food. I had made him some apricots and my mom put them away so when I went to take out the apricots the next morning, I just went for the organge food in the tupperware. Later he became really constipated, in pain, grunting, sweating, crying, and then finally pooping! The next day when I went to take it with us both my mom and Adam said "that's not apricots, it's canned pumpkin pie filling!" Oh no! Now we know why he felt so bad! Of course it had things in it he probably shouldn't have but he survived and is all better now! Poor little guy!!! Now I need to lable my homemade baby food!





I wanted to start the tradition of reading him the "Night Before Christmas" on Christmas Eve. This book was given to me by my paternal grandma on my first Christmas.

My dad got out his rope and made up this great stocking hanging system using rope and a ladder behind the mantle so that we could all hang up our stockings!

Grandma knitted and felted Corbin's first stocking for their house!

We walked around my parents neighborhood in the snow on Christmas Eve. It was so beautiful out!

Jed and Kara finally made it! They had to fly into Sacremento and then take the bus to Medford where my grandpa Dan picked them up and drove them the rest of the way. All the crazy weather everywhere made it quite a LONG trip. Of course their luggage didn't make it and in fact Kara didn't get hers until they went back to Seattle to fly out!

We built some snowpeople out on the deck. Even mom helped!



The next day, when my battery was dead, they started leaning. Over the next two days the one on the right tipped into the other one and then they finally fell over.

Christmas morning!! Corbin's first stocking!

Oooohhh a monkey. I think I will put it into my mouth!

Jingle bells and some socks! Wow!


Adam in his new Seattle Sounders Jersey.


Yeah, a whole box of blocks for me to put into my mouth!

Some new books.

The bows are fun too!

We went out for a Christmas Day ski and stopped at the warming hut for some cheese and sausage. Yum!

Our skiing family! The benefits of having a former US Ski Team member in the family are many. He not only passes down all of his old clothes for the rest of us to wear but he doesn't need to bring any of his ski stuff with him which is good because with no luggage, it would have been hard to ski. Kara just used my mom's old skis and boots. And the second good thing, was that Jed could again ski with the Chariot in the deep powder instead of Adam. We thought they would have groomed after teh 6+ inches of snow that had fallen but no... so unfortunately only Grandpa, Kara, and I were on classic skis. So the gowing was slow. But it was still fun!

Here is Corbin's first tooth!


More Christmas!



Corbin and the boys, playing games of course!

We decided to host our Second Biennial New Years Eve Dinner. We grew by almost 2x as much this year. We missed Sabe and Tom but had lots of fun! We invited 14 of our friends to come over for New Year's to celebrate. Adam made a 6 course Spanish meal out of his new cookbook,
1080 Recipes. We spread the meal out over several hours, babies going to bed, waking up, eating, drinking wine and hot buttered rum.



And Corbin is moving around like crazy. This video doesn't do him justice. He is all over the place. Today I set him down in the Kitchen and when I cam back he had dumped Brindzi's water dish all over the floor. I REALLY need to baby proof I guess!! He is going to be crawling in no time. He can move around and around and backwards and tries to get his butt up in the air. He moves his little legs sooo fast. I can only imagine how fast they will go once they hit the ground!
Happy New Year! Who know what this year will bring! It was a pretty amazing 2008. I am looking forward to all the new things that will come in 2009.
3 comments:
Wow, what a great little mover and shaker he is! I love when he puts his hands up in the air while on his belly and just wiggles his feet.. Haha.. so cute. Like he's trying to swim.
Lily's starting to get really really mobile too, but she is still enjoying the bouncing/jumping most of all. I can't believe how fast they grow. And his first tooth! Wow! Still no signs of one for Lily yet. :)
Great photos for Christmas. What a great 1st Christmas for both our little ones. :)
Wow, what a spread for New Years! Some year Kevin and I will have to join! :) It was fun getting to spend a couple days with you guys, look forward to our first visit of 2009!
Wow! You got a great shot of his tooth with his mouth wide open! Good timing! "Watch out world. Here I come!!" says little Corbin
Post a Comment