Sunday, January 11, 2009

Kicking up a storm

Two teeth erupted in Corbin's mouth this week. About the same time as all our stormy weather here in Bham. He has one little bottom tooth and I thought his other one would make it's entrance any day. He was rubbing things on his gums like no tomorrow and cranky. Then at our Baby n me class I had him upside down and I saw that his top two teeth were cutting and he had little blisters! The next day they fully popped through! He won't let you get a look unless he is upside down! Then he just opens his mouth and smiles! It's pretty cute. I know you might not be able to see too much in this shot but now he no longer has a gummy smile :-)

He is also perfecting his army crawl. He can go and get a toy. He is doing some yoga positions like plank and a lazy down dog. That butt goes up in the air but then he doesn't really know what to do with his knees. I went down to Babies R Us with Daylen and Luca to get baby proofing stuff. Yow. Baby gates, plug covers, etc. My plants have all been evacuated from the living room floor and are now living in new and higher ground.

And then tonight we went swimming! All that kicking around he does on the living room floor finally had a purpose! He was talking up a storm while looking at the water and once he got in, he splashed about. We did things like grab for toys, throw them and then go float to get them, sing songs, have them float on their backs. Corbin floats about as well as Adam, which is almost zero. Then we all had to get out of the pool because a baby pooped! So we go in the big people pool which was colder but they still had fun! Corbin and Brody were turning blue but he never once fussed, even when Adam dunked him! Twice! I think we might have a swimmer on our hands! I was in the pool too so I only got a couple of pictures.

Wow, that is like a really BIG bathtub...



As some of you might have heard, I guess we made national news, we had some flooding and landslides this week here in Bham. All the school districts except Adam's and Blaine were canceled on Wed. and Thursday because of flooding. Whatcom Falls was roaring!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

He couldn't float because he doesn't have enough baby flab.

Maybe next week I will just let him go while he's kicking and see what happens. Glub glub glub.

Sweet Mess said...

I am glad you guys are alright with all that flooding. What a time to go swimming!

Kevin said...

Looks like fun! Did you go during a designated baby-swimming time, or was it an open swim?

Erin said...

Its a special baby swim class. Not so much lessons as someone leading the parents in things to do, singing songs, etc. There were about 3 other swim groups going on at the same time and

Anonymous said...

And what?!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you all are okay... I did hear about the flooding. And it looks like you had a blast at the swim class! So fun!

Meghan said...

Looks like he's a natural in the water! Way to dunk him Adam, I remember my dad doing that with Joseph when he was a baby and he loved it! Next time we visit maybe we'll have to take a dip with the water baby!

Anonymous said...

Those are great pics! Looks like he loves the water! Lily starts hers this Saturday. We can't wait!