No pictures again today. Sorry for those who need visual stimuli.
First we had french toast and lazied around the morning.
I sanded again today with our third version of a rented floor sander. Hooray Hardware Sales. The issue with our existing wood floors is that the edges were painted, while the center was under some sort of permanent carpet. So there's a fading problem. I've been trying to get a consistency of color. I think it's a bout as good as I'm going to get it. I feel good about it, and it looks nice, and I'm still learning all this stuff.
Speaking of which. I've used a Sawzall to cut out a wall. So I know how to do that now. Just in case.
Erin worked on the underlayment for our new floor, upstairs. It's purple. Cool.
I finished up by inhaling too much fumes from the wood filler. A few of our old boards have some major splintering/bug grooves/etc. So I spent a bunch of time filling those with filler, which wafted into my nose and made my brain fuzzy. Dang. That stuff was nasty. Anyway, I used the whole can, and there's more to do tomorrow. More fuzziness.
Spring break is almost over. Seems like it started long ago. We've gotten a lot done (thanks mostly to helpers). Lost more to do, but we're getting there! Yahoo!
No comments:
Post a Comment