Monday, April 09, 2007

Day 4 - Kat to the Rescue

The family left yesterday, after giving us an overwhelmingly wonderful amount of help. Spring break is officially in effect, and Kat arrived to help us usher it in with paint and Poe v. Brindzi wrestling matches.

Erin hit the roller first-thing, transforming the upstairs hall into a yellow "wonderhall." Or "hall of wonder." Whatever.

Straight to the hallway. Does that paint remind you of anything? Maybe a lion's mane? Yeah. I thought so.

I started messing with walls today. And by "messing" I mean, pulling off paneling and then pulling off jambs and then pulling off actual bits of wall. Then Jerry came over. More to follow.

To complete the ketchup and mustard theme (according to Kat), we painted the stairwell and balcony red. And I finally got the paneling off the right side of the stairs. Putting sheet rock in there will be a challenge, however. We'll see how it goes.

Yes, Jerry came over with the Sawzall and showed me how to get rid of unwanted walls. Looks fun. I'll give it a whirl tomorrow. But what if I get carried away? Two rooms become one! Walk-in closet becomes hallway! Bedroom becomes covered patio!

No comments: