We leave early Tuesday morning for our first overnight bike tour, hopefully a good warmup as we inch closer and closer to Europe. Bellingham to Bainbridge--three days, two nights. It works out to about 44 miles the first day, 30 the second, and 30 the third. The first one will be a long haul, and hard, but I have no doubt that we can swing it. We just might have to ride for a long time. A long time. We'll see.
We're busy preparing mentally, physically, and mechanically. Today I finished putting fenders on Erin's bike and adjusted my panniers so that my heel won't hit them as I'm riding. I rode to school last week, and I was bumping them a bit. But they're adjustable, so it shouldn't be a problem now. We got a few tools for the ride, as well, but hopefully we won't have to use them.
Dang! It's exciting! Yahoo!
No comments:
Post a Comment