Oh, hello blog, I have missed you! Summer is here, so lets hope I get the chance to write some more blogs. Because believe me life is still going strong here. I just don't know when to fit in blogging, working almost full time, 2 kids, dinner, house, husband, garden, exercise, a dog, a cat, friends, and probably more! A few things must get let down I guess. I can now say that I have survived my first year working 4 days a week with two kids in a new job! I have a few more loose ends to tie up at school but I survived my first year as a high school counselor, barely :-) I am feeling very good about the change and hoping that next year will be a little easier and less of a learning curve. So that is one mile-stone down...here are a few more!
It was a big weekend around her last weekend. We have a big 5 year old who is done with pre-school and ready for kindergarten! Wow, how did that happen? It was a weekend of celebrations and getting ready to move on. Corbin finished his 2 years at his wonderful little Pre-School/Pre-K;
Little Darling School. Crazy to think that 2 years ago he was just beginning this journey and last week he finished up and graduated from Pre-K. It was a l
ittle bit of a rough start but he finished strong and we had a GREAT year this year. He had wonderful teachers, a great group of classmates, and amazing opportunities to play, explore, expand, and learn. Here he is at his graduation.
 |
| Walking across the bridge to new adventures! |
 |
| Corbin and one of his best buds from pre-k, Lux (on the right). |
After his last day of pre-K and his graduation it was on to another celebration... his 5th birthday party! Wow, How do I have a 5 year old! This felt like a pretty special birthday, so we did it up. It was the first birthday separate from his friend Alden. We knew that by adding a few good new school friends and really letting it be about Corbin and not about us and our friends, we let him pick 3 friends from school and 3/4 friends from our group of friends that we play with often. I gave him a few choices for a theme, he chose "space". We had a blast and it was the perfect amount of kids and activities. I took some videos on the Ipad but I can't seem to upload them onto Youtube... I will keep working on it.
 |
| Alien cupcakes! |
 |
| space food? |
 |
| Space ice cream in there somewhere :-) Thanks Susan and Mark (grammie and grandpa) for all your help with food and set-up! |
 |
| You can see a few of the space stickers I stuck around the table in this one. |
Here I got super crafty and used a pintrest idea to make Rocket Booster for all the kids as their party favors. I tried to collect 2 litter soda bottles (but ended up buying most of them) and we spray painted them and then got them ready for the kids to decorate. I thought it worked out well! Thanks to Jen for helping me put them together during the crazy busy week leading up to graduation, the party, and finishing school!
 |
| The decorating table. Thanks Aimee and Jen for all your help! |
 |
| Alden and Silas hard at work decorating them. |
 |
| A proud birthday boy! |
 |
| The Rocket boys! |
 |
| Eliza and Uma were more interested in popcorn and the tent than decorating their rocket boosters. |
Adam designed a great space training obstacle course. I wish I could show you the video. Basically they had to run through the space challenge before they could earn their booster. We also had a space rock (tin foil pennies) search, and then a "Meteor Shower" water balloon toss. Again a great video. Soon I hope :-)
 |
| Eliza is really excited about this meteor shower balloon toss! We have Baker, Corbin, Alden, Lux, Silas, Brody, Luca and Eliza! |
 |
| Mmmm...cupcakes! |
It was a great party and everyone was happy and tired by the time it was done. The weather cooperated and was great. Then it was time to move a free swing set from the neighbors over into our yard! It has been slightly neglected and was pretty shaky but Grandpa Mark and Adam took a trip to the hardware store and firmed it up! The kids LOVE it!
 |
| Happy Father's Day! |
Wow, what a whirl wind. For Corbin's actual birthday he went to daycare and Adam and I still had work. We had pancakes for dinner and played out side. And now we have a 5 year old! Crazy!! We love you Corbin!
1 comment:
The Space party turned out awesome! Nice work!
Post a Comment