Thursday, August 09, 2012

Two going on thirteen

My baby turned 2 almost a month ago! How does that happen? And oh man, she is one opinionated little girl! She can be so serious at times, giving her glare. Saying things like "I no say hi" (in other words I don't want to say hi). Her vocabulary is growing every day. I love hearing what she has to say. Our conversations are getting longer and longer each day.  I love the way she says "Cor Cor" for Corbin. It's slowly changing into Corbin and I will be sad when she can finally say his name. She loves to do everything he does. She loves to look for "slug bugs" or VW Bugs. She is also in love with her babies. She has a couple and she carries them around, feeds them, puts them to sleep, and takes them places. She got a baby car seat and high chair, both which she will carry around with her. She also takes her bag with her almost everywhere. She LOVES to swing. She loves dairy and proteins, eats less breakfast than Corbin did, loves mac & cheese but also loves her treats. She is fiercely independent. She has been picking out her clothes for months. She puts on all her own shoes and tries her clothes as much as she can. "I do it" is one of her favorite phrases. "Me too" is another one. She won't wear dresses or skirts right now. Pants. Pants. Pants. And her bike or cow shirt are her favorite. She has also perfected her use of "No" and "Mine". We both can't wait to see what this smart, active, independent little girl grows into next!

We had two little parties for her. One down on Bainbridge with the Island grandparents and family and then one in Bham with her friends.
With her aunt Mae Mae, big brother and friend Annika.
At first, this was one of her "MINE. No ride on it" looks.

Grammie Susan's caterpillar cupcakes! 





My birday. My birday. My birday!!








We had a few friends over for cupcakes and a BBQ for her birthday. Another outdoor bug theme!
Butterfly cupcakes!






We love you Eliza Jolie!!!

No comments: