I am trying to get all these blogs in... summer gets so busy and I am way behind. And now, next week is the last week of vacation for me. For those of you who are not on FB, I have accepted a new job as a high school counselor. It's in the same district so I am just moving up to the high school but it's a brand new level and more time. I love working with middle school students but I feel like I am ready for a change. I am also ready to be working more than 2 days a week. My new job will be .8 FTE or 4 days a week. It will be challenging. My learning curve will be steep. My hours will increase both paid and unpaid time. But I am excited! So next week I will be moving my office and then on the 20th, I start my new job! Crazy! So here we go on our camping trip to Ft. Flagler.
We decided to camp between Sounders games while we were down on Bainbridge. It was ambitious as it was only just under a week after my surgery to remove the cyst on my ovary. But we had fun anyway. It was a little chillier and foggy than I was hoping but that didn't stop the kids from having fun. Ft. Flagler is on the Olympic Peninsula near Pt. Townsend. It's a system of forts protecting Puget Sound. Tons of bunkers and cool things for kids to run around in.
| Waving from the cannon. |
| Checking out one of the bunkers with head lamps. |
| Lots of climbing available. |
Grammie Susan joined us for one night. She and Corbin had an adventure on a found raft.
| Cool raft left by some boys. |
Some of the bunkers were a little too much for my nervous mom nerves! The ones that are a little farther away from the main areas are not kept up as well. Lots of big drop offs, dark passages, and sharp objects. Good thing dad was with us and I just needed to go away!
We had lots of fun but this was also the beginning of Eliza not going to sleep like she used to and wanting to sleep outside of the pack and play... another blog on that later.
No comments:
Post a Comment