It's been over a month since I have written. I feel so busy and I am only working two days a week. And we have also been hit with more than 6 weeks of sickness. It's horrible and I am ready for us all to be healthy. As I write this I am unsure if will be be going into work tomorrow or staying home. Eliza is on antibiotics and Adam has such a bad cough I cringe every time I hear him cough. I just want everyone to get better.
In the meantime here are some pictures from Thanksgiving and getting our tree this last weekend. I have so few pictures of both kids together. Or our whole family, so I was trying to get a few more but failed miserably.
In the meantime here are some pictures from Thanksgiving and getting our tree this last weekend. I have so few pictures of both kids together. Or our whole family, so I was trying to get a few more but failed miserably.
We went to the same place this year to get our tree, it's cheap and easy and they have a pretty good selection, although the Douglas Fir's are a little too groomed for us. So I convinced Adam to try a new variety this year, Nordman Fir. They are similar to a Noble but less sectioned. The one thing is missing is the scent. But I like the way it looks.
Adam was feeling pretty poor when we went to get the tree and so we just put on the lights when we got home and waited to decorate it. It's also HUGE and takes up half our living room. Adam stayed home and I took the kids to the Lynden Christmas Lights parade. We were a little late but it was a great parade. The boys loved it! I didn't get any pictures of the tractors all lit up but they were pretty cool.
We decorated it on Sunday, it went better than I thought it would. Everyone was in a mostly good mood. Eliza was a little fussy and was being very 1.5, which is to be expected. But Corbin did a GREAT job, being careful, excited, and helpful.
Eliza mostly played in the light beam, which was better than her clinging to me or crying. Or better yet, taking all the ornaments off, which she did plenty of.
No comments:
Post a Comment