Sunday, November 06, 2011

A conversation

Tonight on the way home from Adam's soccer game...

C: Mommy look at the beautiful moon.
M: Yes, it is beautiful tonight.
C: It's white on the outside and the inside. Someday I would like to take a rocket ship up to the moon and get out and walk on it.
M: Maybe someday when you are older you can do that. Today only really special people whose job it is to be an astronaut can do that. It would be fun to do that, wouldn't it?
C: Yes. I could take my soft astronaut helmet at home up there with me. Then I could breath when I am on the moon. Let's put that on my job board so I can do that.
M: That's a good idea to want to be an astronaut some day but remember that your helmet is just a toy, it wouldn't really help you on the moon.
C: I know. Mommy, you are really special and so is daddy and so is Ellie!
M: Thanks Corbin, I think you are really special too :-)
C: I have never seen a rocket ship fly before. Someday I want to see a rocket ship fly in the air.
D: Yeah, Rocket ships go really fast and they don't launch around here.
C: Where do they launch, daddy?
D: In places like Florida, Texas, and Arizona where there are not as many clouds and it doesn't rain as much.
C: Some day I would like to go there and see a rocket ship launch. Is it across an ocean?
D: Nope, just across the country. Maybe someday we can go and see one :-)

2 comments:

Garden Street Zoo said...

Love the stuff that comes out of their mouths these days.

Sweet Mess said...

:D
I wish we lived closer to hear more Corbinisms.