Adam's parents have been pressing cider for 31+ years with this press. Susan remembers wearing Adam on her back. Now we are wearing and including our kids in this family tradition. I love it. This year we did it in Bellingham! We invited a few friends over to help out and bring their apples. It was a great time! Although I feel like I did more kid wrangling, food refilling, go-getting than being able to help actually press but it was still a great time!

Starting bright and early with Adam's parents!



3 Generations of Shaffer boys!

Toby and Quin helping out.

The sweatshirt gang!

My big guy helping be the "apple police". Love him!


Oh man, I love this little spunky girl!

28 Gallons of cider, not bad for our first Bham press.

We are so grateful that Adam's parents decided to bring their cider press up to Bham for this year cider press! Instead of having to drive to Bainbridge with 15 bags of apples, the dog, and the 2 kids, they came up here! Thank you Susan and Mark! Thank you Tara & Markus - Jen, Toby, Quin, & Silas - Rowan, KK, & Annika - Linda & Brody, and our neighbors for their apples!
1 comment:
Such a fun tradition. We were sorry to miss your party, but the birthday weekend wore us out! Not a bad haul for your first bellingham cider press!
Post a Comment