We celebrated Halloween in three installments this year. We went and got dressed up to visit Adam in his classroom on Friday. It was a dress rehearsal for the costumes so to say. I made Corbin's costume this year. I felt like a regular old Martha Stewart! Because I am not too crafty or talented with the sewing machine or pattern's etc. I kinda just made it up as I went along. His crown turned out pretty good but I coulda made the velcro part better. His cape also turned out ok but it was too small. Oh and my sewing machine broke right in the middle of making it! So I had to use some of that iron on hem stuff. An amateur job for sure but Corbin didn't seem to care!
Then we carved pumpkins after a melt down at the pizza place. We ended up coming home instead of eating at the restaurant. Poor Corbin has a HUGE cold sore or gash on his tongue. He has been complaining about his teeth but we finally figured out it wasn't his teeth but his tongue. It has been hurting him while he eats. Poor little guy. Candy didn't make it any better but he seemed to ignore some of the pain in order to eat candy :-)
Then on Saturday night we went downtown to tricker treat with Brody. It was fun to see Corbin get the hang of saying "tricker-treat" this year and knowing what it meant. He figured it out real quick.
Then today on actual Halloween we went down to Fairhaven to tricker treat down there and meet more friends. We met Corbin's other sports buddy Alden on their way out. Go USA soccer!
We had fun! After Fairhaven we went to Adam's soccer game. Corbin ran off all his sugar while Adam played. He was all sugared up, dirty, and wanted to know when he could go tricker treating again :-) In other news, Eliza is starting to giggle and blow bubbles. Of course we can't get either on video yet but this is pretty cute!
3 comments:
happy halloween! great costume for corbin erin! it looked great, couldn't see any problems from over here in london! and ellie belly makes a wonderful lady bug.
no halloween celebration for us this year, though we did see a few small groups of kids trick-or-treating in the neighborhood where we're staying right now.
love to you all!
Awesome that you got so much use out of the kids' cute costumes! You could always hit up the mall for more tricks and treats today. I hear they are doing their candy-giving today. I'm all candied out now as we have a huge bowl left at our house. Good thing Ruby only got like 3 pieces of candy in her bag yesterday!
Hooray for multiple Trick-or-Treating outings! Always good to get the costumes on several times, it's always a little sad to only wear them once. Ellie and Corbin looked great, good job, mama!
Post a Comment