Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Purple mouths, babies, beaches, birthdays, and family

I barely have time to brush my teeth between nursing every two hours, playing with Corbin, eating food, trying to get a baby to sleep (or toddler for that matter), and trying to take a nap, let alone blog. But here are a few pictures I have been wanting to post.

Book club babies.

Wanna be just like Daddy.

Corbin and Brody at Baylor's Beach Birthday party.




Baylor joins in on the fun.

I had some signs of Thrush on my nipples and Eliza on her tongue. It's a kinda of yeast. Not fun. Painful nursing. Again, another expectation I had, nursing would be easier this time. Not true. I am having lots of trouble with one nipple in particular. It makes for some very painful nursing. So my midwife prescribed Gentian Violet. It stains everything it touches purple. We had to paint her mouth purple and my nipples. It made for a very funny looking baby. She looked at times like she had drank too much grape Koolaide or was turning goth on us. The inside of her mouth was BRIGHT purple and it turned her lips purple. Right after nursing she would have this purple smudge around her whole mouth. We had to put this stuff on for 4 nights. It's just now going away on her outer lips. Luckily we didn't have to make too many public appearances were explaining was needed.



Oh yes, my beautiful baby! She will love this picture later in life :-)

Bath time for both kids!

I celebrated my 31st birthday last Friday! It was a great day. I woke up to waffles with raspberries and whipped cream for breakfast. Then I left the kids at home with Adam and his mom and went and got a pedicure and coffee with Jill and Aimee. Then came home and took a nice nap. We played outside and had a picnic of pizza on the lawn for dinner and chocolate wacky cake for dessert. Adam and Corbin made me wonderful cards. All in all it was a great birthday. My parents then came up for the weekend.

Buppa and Corbin. Corbin would not let us take a picture with his Webcyclery shirt and his bike. But we got this one. Someday we will get a good one so he can be posted on Buppa's blog.



She was 3 weeks yesterday. Wow. Where has the time gone? She is almost smiling at us. Corbin is being a great big brother and a pain in the but two year old at times. Bed time seems to be especially tough. I find myself saying "no" a lot and he just does the exact opposite of what I want him to do... ah the Two's. I had both kids on my own for 20 minutes today. Small steps. Ok. It's bed time...

No comments: