Sunday, June 06, 2010

Documentation

Since I use this blog to document things in our lives... I am a little behind. So here is another catch-up post.

A couple of weeks ago Jill (and Miles), Jill's mom, Daylen, Aimee (and Uma), and I went out on the town for Ladies Night. A bunch of downtown stores have fun free events, food, drinks, and sales going on. So Adam stayed at home with the boys, Corbin and Alden. They had just as much fun as we did. They made pizza, played, and then had a mini-sleep over!









I am so glad that Adam documented their fun sleep-over night!

Then later that weekend Jill, Becky, and Daylen hosted my baby shower. I opted for a girls only shower this time. Adam said one baby shower was enough for him. I have such wonderful girl friends up here. The food was yummy, the company GREAT and the activity fun.


Jill made potato stamps for decorating white onsies. It was fun to get a little creative and now baby girl will have all kinds of fun hand painted shirts to last her 18 months!


Even Miles joined in on the fun.

The finished products!

Then last weekend was Ski to Sea! Many of you know that I used to participate for years on just for fun recreational teams. Then one year I hurt my back and I was able to just spectate. It was a whole different experience. Then I was pregnant, then out of shape, and now pregnant again. Although I must say, I like cheering everyone on almost as much as participating. For years Adam was my cheering squad and then once I stopped he started :-) 3 years ago I connected a teacher at one of the schools I worked at to my brother for a team. Jed came out and competed with the Baglery Team. That first year they won, then won again the 2nd year! So this year they were defending champs 2 years in a row. They had a lot to live up to this year.

Jed and Kara came out for the weekend along with my parents. My dad was acting as wax tech for Jed and Adam's skis. While they were up at Mt. Baker testing skis on Saturday, Corbin, my mom, Kara and I joined a bunch of other friends to watch the Ski to Sea Parade. I have never watched it in all my 12 years of living here! But kids means parades. He loved it. There were a few floats that I was a little skeptical of but Corbin loved every minute of it. We did have to brave the rain but it was still fun.



On race day, my brother, dad, Adam, Kara, and I headed up to Mt. Baker at 5:30 am along with the other 450+ teams. Some teams even tried to do the whole race car free, which means they had to get to each leg without a car...going up Mt. Baker Hwy with your skis on a bike...and then race. Wow!

Here is a little video of the mass start for the x-country. You can't see Jed or Adam but I know where they were.




The other teams brought in some real ringers for x-country skiers this year. Jed still did awesome by finishing 10th!


Adam was looking a little tired as he came in to do his 2nd loop (just after Jed finished).

He got some energy back after speeding past everyone on the downhills (thanks to his awesome wax).

It was a fun day! My mom and Corbin stayed home and met us in Fairhaven for the finish. The Bagerly ended up finishing 4th overall and 3rd in the Open division. It was tough competition this year. Adam finished 192 overall and his team finished 408th in the recreational mixed. Everyone was pooped by the end of the day.

Phew... today was probably one of our last days where we didn't have anything going on. Yesterday we had a garage sale and got rid of a ton of stuff and even made a good amount of money! Adam was supposed to go down to Kevin and Meghan's today to help with their chicken coop but they finished. Which was good, because we needed a day to rest! It's busy from here on out.

2 comments:

Adam said...

You took a day of rest. I did lots of work today. I needed a day of rest, too. I just didn't get one. My next day of rest is June 20.

Meghan said...

Looks like you guys have been having lots of fun! Wish we could have been there for the shower and Ski to Sea, but our coop construction took over our lives!