Corbin woke up last night two times needing comforting. He hasn't done that for months. But as I was sitting there rubbing his back to comfort him or rock him, I listened to his breathing. I realized that my little baby is almost 2. He "asked" me to rub his back and within the month I will have this new little being too, not just him. This new little love. My heart jumped thinking about it last night. I know they say you have room for it all and more and I got just a little glimpse of that. I remembered all those first nights lying in bed listening to Corbin's new born breathing (must different than a 2 year old), thinking wow, I am so close to doing this again. When he woke up the second time, he asked to be rocked in the chair. My non cuddler who won't eve sit on my lap any more asked to be cuddled and rocked in the chair! He curled up over my big belly and just relaxed. He fit so perfectly. It was so precious. As we rocked, I wondered if this would be the last time before the baby comes. Was he giving permission for someone else to take this place or saying, "mommy, I still need you too"? I just felt so much love for him. I am so excited for this new baby to enter our lives and last night was.... I don't know, I don't have the words for it. Oh, and each time he woke me up, I was having a continuous dream about birth. I have not dreamed about birth yet... it was all just so interestingly timed.
4 comments:
So precious!!!
I just relish those cuddly moments as Ollie gets older and more independent. Too cute.
- Bethany
That was so sweet. Made me all teary-eyed, thinking about when Lily was so teeny tiny like that. She's still a cuddler (THANK GOODNESS, we are so grateful), but I can't believe how BIG she feels in my arms now. *sigh*
I bet you can't wait for a teeny tiny little girl in your arms. :)
Have you decided on names yet?
Post a Comment