Sunday, May 02, 2010

A week at a glance

Just a couple of shots of our week...First, Corbin and Brody sporting their animal masks at their friend Bjorn's 4th birthday. It was at the Jump Around Fun Zone, a warehouse room with tons of inflatable jumping and climbing things. Corbin was hesitant at first but then he really got into it. He even figured out how to climb up the ladders to go down the big slide. He wanted nothing to do with the pizza/present opening part of the party. Corbin and Brody also started Gymnastics this week. Melissa is taking them to a toddler gymnastics class. They both LOVED it!



That night Corbin developed Croup. He had the classic seal bark cough all through the night. It didn't wake him up but sounded horrible! He woke up and has some stridder breathing, so we ended up taking him into the doctor. They gave him some meds and it developed into just a nasty cold with a nasty cough. He was one unhappy guy. We had to cancel our play group and just stick around home.

When we were home on Monday Corbin got to watch the guys come and finish our fence. He loves watching them work. This is the second home project, the first being the fireplace, where we had someone else come and do all the work. It felt a little weird to watch other people do the work for us but at the same time it was nice to not have to do it (thank you tax refund)! We think our fence looks great! It will keep Corbin out of the ally and front street if we have to turn our back for a second. And since the back yard is mostly garden, this is where we have most of our outside social time and play time. Although Corbin has already figured out how to open the gates, so we will have to figure something out to deter him a little :-)






This morning Corbin had left over waffles for breakfast when he first got up. So when we were eating our breakfast he was off looking for things to do. He brought us the art box and wanted to paint. So once our breakfast was over, he and Adam went and created a Sunday morning art project! I love it.






In other news. I am entering my 31st week of pregnancy, the end is in sight. Although everyone keeps thinking I am due soon and when they hear I have almost 2 months left they are surprised. I know it will go quick though, we already have things on the calendar for every weekend in May and through the beginning of June. I am busy looking for a new dresser for Corbin so the new baby can have his old one. And a real toddler bed for him too. Someday I will make some curtains for the upstairs space that will soon become her room. It's a little weird to not have a "room" to get ready.

My job is also very uncertain for when I return from my leave. I have received a RIF (reduction in force) notice because they are again cutting counseling hours. They most likely will not fill my position at the middle school again, leaving my co-worker with a ratio of 600:1, which is crazy for a middle school. It makes me very frustrated but I also know I am taking next year off and everything could change again the following year. It just makes me so mad at the state of our education system. We bail out banks and other corporate businesses who already make millions of dollars but we leave our schools in disarray because of budget cuts which eventually hurts our own futures... Oh I could go on but I promised Corbin I was almost done typing.

1 comment:

BI Grammie said...

Great looking fence and gates!