Just a little catch-up. Adam was gone this weekend so Corbin and I were on our own. We had a good time but I am exhausted. We ran a million errands yesterday and then went to Brody's 2nd birthday party! I did not go further than the back yard today and it was wonderful. One of the best things about today was playing pretend with Corbin in the sandbox. I had my chair out next to the sandbox and was going to read/hang out while he played. All of a sudden he came up to me with a little cup and told me to "tend eat coffee cake". It was so cute. He kept bringing me pretend coffee cake. We had banana coffee cake, blueberry coffee cake, strawberry, raspberry, and finally white coffee cake. We also drank some "tend water". It was one of the first times that he has really embraced the whole pretend play. He has done a little here and there but not like that. Then later he was riding his worm to school. He wanted a kiss and hug before he went to "school". He would get a hug and kiss and say "have fun at school" and then ride away. It was just too cute.
Here are a few pictures from the last week and a half or so.
Here are a few pictures from the last week and a half or so.
We got two new chicks last weekend to introduce to our 4 hens. Hopefully this will allow us to continue to get eggs next summer as the hens slow down. Corbin thought they were pretty cool.
We have been hanging out in our front yard so much now that it has finally gotten nice and we have our fence! I love it! I can just hang out in the hammock while Corbin plays or in one of the lawn chairs. We play outside almost every day after we come home from work. And now that Corbin has been going to bed a little later, we even go back out after dinner. It's a joy! Of course it's supposed to start raining again this week but spring is in the air!
One of my best friends from High School, Sabe, is coming in to town tonight with her husband Tom. I am excited to spend a few days with them. Maybe the nice weather will stick around?
2 comments:
What a coordinated, grown-up little guy!! I love the hand-in-the-pocket picture!
And my not quite 2-year old nephew has surpassed me in skateboarding skills! :)
Post a Comment